It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2010, 06:30 PM   #1
(male)

DeltaBravo HB User
Question What does it mean when a girl says...

...that I like you as a friend, but "we just don't have the spark"?

What is the "spark" and can it be gotten after the fact that she thinks we don't have it or must it exist from the very beginning? I care deeply about this girl and told her so. She says that I am everything she wants in a guy, in terms of smarts, personality, repsect, kindness, looks, and common interests, but that we just don't have the "spark." Talk about confusing. Oh, and she totally wants to be in a relationship with someone, because she's always talking about how much she'd love to meet the right person. Yep, it's confusing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User
Re: What does it mean when a girl says...

It means pretty much what it says. She thinks you're a great friend, but she's not sexually attracted to you and doesn't see you as a romantic or sexual possibility. Sometimes, given enough time, a woman might feel a chemistry growing and may come to see a male platonic friend in a more sexual way over time, but I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you. Enjoy her company as a friend, but date around and see other girls to find a romantic possiblity.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

It basically means that although your one awesome guy, she's just not physically attracted to her. Your in "friend" zone. Once in a while it can move beyond that.....but not normally. I have one of those.....he adores me and I soooooooooooooo wish I were attracted to him....but there is absolutely no spark. It's much more my loss then his too because he is an AWESOME guy. I just dont feel it for him. It's nothing against you, it's just like the previous poster said, a matter of chemistry.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:50 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I'm going to ask you the same question: What does it mean when a guy says that to a girl? I'm very curious to hear your response because I don't think the answer is going to be all that different.

If someone is not interested in a relationship and they specifically say that, there's no reason to think there is an alterior meaning behind it. It's important for people not to waste their time trying to win that person over because it may never happen.

Closed Thread