It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2002, 08:42 PM   #1
(female)

Jaybie HB User
Unhappy Don't know what to do......very confused, frustrated, angry!

I'm gonna try and shorten this story as much as possible. A friend of mine who is 4 years older than me and I are having relationship problems. But not like boyfriend/girlfriend........more like really close friends. We had a great start to our friendship...and I don't know what really happened...but I began to like him more than a friend. Anyway...I told him how I felt and things practically back fired. Things got really strange between us even though he said they wouldn't. And then one night he said I feel sorry for myself...and that REALLY hurt...I didn't think it would but it really did. It was almost like he insulted everything and anything I ever told him. The funny part....which is not so funny....he didn't even remember saying any of that:S. Things sorta calmed down after that. But there was still a lot to be talked about which never really happened. I feel like I don't know him anymore and I can talk to him......he's a GREAT guy, really he is! The really sucky part is that he is leaving for college tomorrow...and well things being as screwed up as they are...I kind of just want to end our "new" friendship....cause it's just so confusing and frustrating.....he knows somethings bothering me...and yeah there is something bothering me....I just really don't know what it could be.....and it involves him somehow.....anyway....I just REALLY need somebody to talk to and I need advice....cause according to him we can't have things go back to the way they used to be because people change and so do times.....and that to me makes it feel like there's no hope left for us to be good friends anymore ! Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2002, 10:06 PM   #2

HumbleMan10248 HB User
hiya jaybie i feel for you cos im going through a very confusing and lonley time myself anway my ones a long story so forget my problem for now as far as you go do you think that the reason your feeling of confusion and the reason soemthing is bothering you is cos you may actully fancy or like this guy in a romantic mnnner i.e maybe as a possible b/f?? maybe you dont feel sure how to approach him with this info and tell him how deep your feelings may run for him??? could it be the inabilty for you to communicate your feeelins openly to him is the cause of the problem what do you think hon???

Humble Man

Old 09-01-2002, 12:42 AM   #3

Twooda HB User
hey Jaybie
Hate to hear about your problem. Are you trying to savage our relationship? If not, don't sweat it. He couldv'e told you what he said because he didn't know how to reject you without hurting your feelimgs. He probably didn't know how to let you knw he didn't feel the same way. You have right to feel hurt by his ugl remark, but I can almost promise there was an unground reason why he said what he said. Don't beat yourself up. Some people are meant to just be friends. If you guys are meant to bmore, it'll happen. Maybe not when your looking for it , but when you least expect it.

T-Wooda

Old 09-02-2002, 01:00 PM   #4
(female)

Jaybie HB User
Arrow

Thanks HumbleMan and Twooda for your replies. I'm pretty sure I don't have those extra feelings for him anymore........I think:S. Yes, I'm trying to savage our friendship...I don't care if we have anything more than that or not....I NEED him!!!!! You can't even begin to imagine what he's gotten me through.....honestly I CAN'T live without him. But now that he's at college and I'm only a sophomore in high school...that makes things REALLY hard...even to be close friends. He has a really close girl best friend and I'm so jealous of her.....but I could NEVER tell him that....cause it's like anything I tell him he really doesn't understand!!! Anyway....if anybody still wants to talk with me....no problem!!! I can use all the advice and help I can get!!

Old 09-03-2002, 08:07 PM   #5

Gilligan24 HB User
a quick note on that girl best friend. im a girl and my best friend is a guy. in that kind of situation, there is lots of friendly love but if hes known this girl for a really long time, most likely he thinks of her as a sister. from a girl in the situation that other girl is in, you really have nothing to feel threatened by from her. guys dont think of their best friends as male or female. they just are their best friends.

Closed Thread