It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2002, 11:23 AM   #1

already taken HB User
Unhappy Is it bad that me and my boyfriend don't talk very much

I don't know whether or not it's bad that me and my boyfriend don't talk. I mean we talk sometimes. I am with him all day at school and then we talk on the phone at night. We always have something to talk about but, it's nothing worth while. Any advice?

Old 09-08-2002, 11:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
I don't know.I need help with this too cause I feel the need to talk to my boyfriend sometimes but I can never find anything to talk about that interests him.WHAT DO YOU GUYS LIKE TO TALK ABOUT ??????

[This message has been edited by dsheldon3 (edited 09-08-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2002, 11:55 AM   #3
Veteran

Greenberry HB User
I am not a guy, but here's my 2 cents...guys are generally NOT chatty.

My husband and I have been married for 8 years, and we frequently run out of things to talk about. When we were first dating and finding out about each other, we could have deep meaningful conversations for hours on end. We still have very deep conversations on a variety of issues, including our daughter and the new baby on the way, our parents and siblings, our friends, current events, our respective jobs, our interests and hobbies, etc., but we just don't have a 24 hour a day chat-fest like we did in the first six months we were dating. Some topics only need to be covered once, or every once in a while.

My advice, just don't sweat it. I have found that guys in general usually only like to talk when it is absolutely necessary or when there is an important issue to discuss, especially when they are comfortable in a relationship. As long as you are communicating about important issues, don't worry that your boyfriends don't always want to chat. That is why guys are sometimes such good listeners. And if you keep nagging them about not talking, they may start to get annoyed and clam up even more.

Old 09-09-2002, 03:19 AM   #4
Veteran

scbagrrrl HB User
Cool

Go with the flow. It's a great measure when you can be with someone and not feel that you have to say anything, that you can just enjoy the presence. Granted, its a lot harder on the phone!

Maybe you shouldn't talk every night on the phone. And I wouldn't be the one to always initiate the calls - let him do some calling - that way you'll know that he really does want to speak to you (or feels that he has to call you).

Closed Thread