It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2002, 03:23 PM   #1
Veteran

xKaShyLahx HB User
Angry Nasty Siblings!!!

hi people!
just needed to vent.its my older brother he can be really nasty to me when he wants to. He use to bully me when i was younger but its all changed he no longer bullies me but we still argure..like today..he said some really insensitive things to me ..im sitting here crying as i write ....why does he treat me bad and get away with it?

you know what really hurts? he told me he 'hates me' i never thought the day i would hear my own flesh and blood say he HATES ME..its not like i did anything wrong, he just picks on me sometimes ..i mean dont get me wrong we have our good times and we've started to get on more as we got older (im 17 his 19) but..i just heartbroken..he treats his friends better than me..gives them money and everything but me?...i get nothing..before he had a job (that pays well) i use to give him money..even if it was the last penny i had i would give it to him b/c im like that ..but now even if i ask him for something as small as £5 he refuses or try to riddle his way out of it...o yeah he tell me that i cant touch any of his things like his playstaion 2, CD's etc...

his soo nasty to me..but yet i still talk to him...i wish he would just move out!

well..thanks 4 reading ...i'd be greatful for any replies to make me feel better, or if anyone can relate?

------------------
~*ººBaBi FaCeºº*~

~*"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."*~

Do not use cuss words!

[This message has been edited by moderator1 (edited 09-04-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2002, 05:51 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Divation HB User
Dude, I know what you mean!

My sister treats me the same way. If she gets really ****** off, she'll say that she wishes I was dead or that she's planning to kill me and stuff..That she'll "stab me with a knife while I'm sleeping". Lovely, isn't it? She's such a *****. Plus she orders me to take her to get food whenever she pleases. Like say I just woke up 5 minutes ago, she'll be like "Take me to Taco Bell..NOW!" and I can't back down because she'll just keep nagging at me the whole time, jump on me really hard, or scream at my mom because I'm not taking her where she wants to go. It pisses me off. And she's ****ing younger than me but weights alot more than me. Plus she's a huge tomboy so it's really bard to say know to her.

Believe me, I hate her too. These kids are so spoiled it makes me sick to my stomache.

Old 09-03-2002, 06:32 PM   #3
Inactive

SnowyLynne HB User
The reason they get away with this behavior,you let it happen.They have you by the ears!!

------------------
SnowyLynne

Old 09-03-2002, 10:50 PM   #4

gwle HB User
Hey KaShyLah,
I know exactly what you mean too! When I was younger my older sister and especially my older brother use to pick on me constantly! I was their personal slave. They made me fetch them water, called me names, throw boogers in my food, beat me up, etc... It made me so sad too, but I looked up to my older brother so much. I wanted to be like him, dress like him and even style my hair like his. I tried to tag along with him as much as I could but he made me feel like a nuances and a burden. Now that we're older, all in our twenties, things have gotten so much better. My family is more close with each other and have matured in alot of ways. Keep in though, my siblings still pick on me occasionally b/c I am the baby of the family. My brother spent 7 years of his life in prison, so it did make him realize how important family is. He once joked that he can't mess with me anymore because I'm so much bigger and stronger than he is now! hahahaha!
With your brother situation, maybe he still has some growing up and maturing to do. Maybe he needs to spend time in prison? Heheheheh, j/k! Sometimes people like that just need their own space and their own life. I just hope he realizes how important family is before it's too late. Don't worry, you're a great little sister. This just shows that you can love someone unconditionally. So be proud of yourself.

Old 09-04-2002, 07:50 AM   #5
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Don't worry it is like this in almost every household including this one. My two kids can fight and argue like cats and dogs. Mornings before school are the worst here as one takes to long in the bathroom or this one won't help the other find their clothes or you always do this or you do that. The I hate you part happens too. Just remember that your sibling doesn't really hate you it is just his way of expressing his frustrations in general. Why do they pick on you?? Because they don't know how else to vent their frustrations and anger. You needless to say have found a perfect way to vent your frustrations...............come online and post what is bugging you. Tons of people will respond and you will wind up making new friends online as well as relieving your frustrations. Congratulations on finding a way to let it out.

Old 09-04-2002, 09:00 AM   #6
(female)

MelNor HB User
I really feel bad that your so upset about this situation with your brother!

From a different point of view (as the oldest child), I used to do a lot of those things you mentioned to my younger brothers, but I honestly have to say that alothough I picked on them from time to time, I LOVED them with all my heart. I would have honestly gave my life to protect them, when someone else even said anything about them, I would burn inside and be the first to come to their defense. Of course they didn't know it at the time cause I would not have done it in front of them.

One thing some of my guy friends who had little sisters told me that when they were young they were a bit nasty to them because they didn't want them to hang out with them because they were woried their friends would try to fool around with them! Know what I am saying?? This could be another possibility!!

No matter what happens..although I know its hard to see now, is that someday this will all be a part of your past and ya know as sad as it is...its pretty normal!

By the way...my brothers are my best friends now...they actually always were...just now we grew up and are not afraid to show it or admit it!

Take care and good luck with your brother! :-)

Old 09-08-2002, 03:16 PM   #7
Veteran

xKaShyLahx HB User
Cool

Hey people http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif
sorry i took so long to reply, well im here now and i just wanted to say thank you for your support and replies. I can relate each of the posts and im sorry some of you have gone through worst than me ..

well i might aswell up to date you with my brother nothing much has changed he still picks on me etc..we've also talked alittle (he does most of the talking)but im glad his working aleast i can get away from him for awhile ..im so glad i let my feeling out the other day i just needed to vent ...

thanks once again http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Kashy

------------------
~*ººBaBi FaCeºº*~

~*"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."*~

Old 09-09-2002, 11:04 AM   #8
Veteran

Taratwo HB User
When I lived at home my brothers used to make me angry by teasing me constantly 24-7 and not leaving me alone. Also when I was younger my sister and I used to fight constantly. This is why I want to have a place of my own so I won't have any added stress.
I am sorry that your brother treats you that way. Hopefully he'll move out of the house soon so you'll have peace.

Closed Thread