It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2002, 01:10 PM   #1
(male)

Chezz HB User
Post Need advice on non-committed answer

I asked this girl out today that I sort of knew for a while, but didn't get to know her better until recently. I was at work and waited until my boss left for a meeting to make the call. When I asked, she was kind of surprised and couldn't give me a yes or no answer (she didn't say anything about a boyfriend). I had always expected her to say no, but was surprised at her indecision. My boss came back just before I asked, so I really couldn't press her and told her to think about it. I would have accepted if she said no, but not knowing kind of irks me and now I wish I hadn't, especially since I had put this off before.

Should I just expect her to tell me no eventually as when most people have doubts, they don't do things?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2002, 02:27 AM   #2
zangiff

well from the way it sounds I will be honest..and go with no. I know because I ahve dealt with the indecesive girls before and the times when they did say yes it was to be polite. BUt who knows if she says yes go for it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2002, 07:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
Also if she didn't answer it could mean she was too turned on.So that could be a good sign.I know for myself when a guy really turns me on I have a hard time answering a question.

Old 09-10-2002, 08:33 AM   #4
Veteran

Pinkroses HB User
Well, if a guy that turned me on asked me out, I would not delay in responding because I would not want him to think I was not interested. She was most likely suprised and didn't know how to respond. This could go either way though. Everyone responds differently.

[This message has been edited by Pinkroses (edited 09-10-2002).]

Old 09-13-2002, 11:30 AM   #5

SouthernCaliforniaGirl HB User
It's too bad she couldn't give you answer. I would like to think if she knows you she will at least say yes or no and not leave you hanging. If her way of saying no is not say anything at all, that would be more of a shock to me. I know some of my friends when they get asked out, but don't want to, they turn the other cheek and start acting in a way that will turn the guy off. This way, the guy loses interest and they get rid of them without having to say no. Pretty crummy if you ask me and is definitely NOT my style.

Closed Thread