It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2002, 01:25 AM   #1
zangiff

Red face Arg this girl is messing with me :O

Ugh Now I am so confused about this girl I have been trying to hook up with. I hung out with her last weekend and we got along alright..but by the end of the weekend she was kinda blowing me off. But now I talk to her today and she wants to do something this weekend. I had no intention on doing anything with her this weekend. I cannot tell if she likes hanging out with me, or she likes hanging with me because I have a lot of freinds and know where parties are and stuff. I guess what I am confused about is if she sees me as a freind or someone she wants to date. She really doesnt flirt with me, but she seems somewhat interested. I just can't decide if I should make a move. If she sees me as a friend then I don't wanna be hitting on her. Because she is a cool girl and I wouldnt mind being freinds with her. Even though I would rather date her.
What should I do?

Old 09-12-2002, 03:52 AM   #2
Veteran

scbagrrrl HB User
Question

What do you normally do when you like a girl?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2002, 01:10 PM   #3
zangiff

Well I usually start out by just talking with her, then asking her out. From there on it just kinda depends on the situation and stuff for my next move. I really don't flirt or play weird games...jsut take one step at a time. So I guess I should stop coming here and just figured out for myself LOL.

Old 09-12-2002, 02:12 PM   #4
Veteran

scbagrrrl HB User
Cool

No silly - getting the opposite sex's perspective can be a helpful thing! If you like the girl, just be yourself.

I'm glad you don't like games but flirting is necessary - you need to do it from time to time. There are some girls out there that will never make a move unless the boy shows some interest.

So, that's what it's all about, you gotta stick your neck out there every once in a while.

Now, go get her! And keep us posted!

Old 09-12-2002, 04:02 PM   #5
zangiff

Well that makes sense she doesnt really seam to be the flirtatious type. Some girls just flirt with guys all the time no matter if they are interested or not. I havnt seen her flirt with anyone else so I guess I will have to make a move when I see her this weekend. Thanks for the advice.

Old 09-12-2002, 08:03 PM   #6
Veteran

scbagrrrl HB User
Thumbs up

No problemo. I expect a status update next week!

Old 09-13-2002, 11:00 PM   #7
zangiff

Well status so far is not to good. A couple days ago i crashed my bike and my face is all messed up...well i saw her today and she looked at me in kind of disgust and seemed like she ignored me...even though she asked earlier this week if i wanted to hang out with her this weekend. So I am not gonna give her a call. Screw that. Maybe she is not the right girl..I wish she wasnt so beautiful so I would stop trying. I mean she is just a knockout and I have a hard time trying to stop pursueing(how do you spell?)I just feel like crap now..this world is so superficial it sickens me.

Old 09-14-2002, 01:46 AM   #8
(female)

nadine HB User
Well, aren't you being superficial yourself... saying that she is so beautiful...blah,blah,blah..

Old 09-14-2002, 12:51 PM   #9
zangiff

nadine you are right I am being superficial...but have you ever seen some that literally just takes the breath out of you because they are so gourgeous? This is the type of person I feel like I should have no chance with.Although now she is started to appear less attractive to me because of her crappy personality and the way she treats me. Well I should stop whining and start looking for someone else niege.

Old 09-14-2002, 12:53 PM   #10
zangiff

nadine you are right I am being superficial...but have you ever seen some that literally just takes the breath out of you because they are so gourgeous? This is the type of person I feel like I should have no chance with.Although now she is started to appear less attractive to me because of her crappy personality and the way she treats me. Well I should stop whining and start looking for someone else niege.

Old 09-16-2002, 03:22 PM   #11

mydog8mybrain HB User
Ummmmm - - Zangiff.... Lemmie get my facts in order here pal. You had a bike wreck; so I take it that you are the young, athletic type and all. She seemed somewhat disgusted with your appearance and all. She, on the other hand looks great. Knockout beautiful. So OBVIOUSLY looks are very very important to her. I mean, she probably looks great and knows it. Buddy, if you were busted up from a wreck and she found that disgusting then methinks you had best give her the opportunity to be someone else's problem. Sounds like a high maintenance girl to me.
Listen to an old man here (28 years with my lovely bride before she developed "outside interests" and all). It's what's between the ears that counts, not what is on the outside. You are just another notch on her gun brother.
Sounds like she is a candidate for the "future ex wife and child suport recipient award".

Bruce

------------------
Those who dispense tough love to their children now should be prepared to receive same back from them in 30 years.

Old 09-17-2002, 01:18 PM   #12
zangiff

Well guess what I am a moron...I guess I read her all wrong..I saw her today and she was like what the hell, why didnt you call me this weekend??, I had also turned off my phone and she said she tried to call me a couple of times...I feel like such a jerk. I guess I was just not feeling confident that day and just assumed the worst. Well I made up a good excuse so I didnt come off as avoiding her. She actually seems like a really nice person and doesnt seem to be shallow. I think I was just in a bad mood that day and pretended like she acted like that so I could jsut feel sorry for myself or something. I guess it would help you guys to know that I have BDD(body dismorphic disorder) wich means that I am obsessed with my appearence. I know most ppl care a little bit about what they look like..but I literally think about how I look 3-4 hours a day. It is one of my realationship killers...I lose confidence If i fell bad about how I look and it is a turn off. Anyways I asked her out this weekend and I am gonna do my best to be myself.

Old 09-18-2002, 02:34 PM   #13
Veteran

buck58 HB User
Exclamation

zangiff, I'd give her one more chance this weekend. But if she flip flops on you 1 more time forget her!!
I'm a little older too,44, and I've seen girls like this. 8mybrain gave you some good advice and I agree with him 100%. Also, there's too many women out there to waste you're time on one that wants to play games.
Best of luck to you buddy.
buck.

Old 09-22-2002, 09:59 PM   #14

Phil Dawg HB User
I also have BDD. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesnt.

If I think I look bad I lose all confidence, when I see I look good, I'm a different person. Problem with me is it doesnt happen, 3-4 hours at a time...more like an half an hour.

I try to stay away from store Mirrors, lol...those are the worst.

------------------
God Bless New York City.

Closed Thread