It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2002, 04:30 PM   #1

dustbunnys_baby HB User
Post best friend acting strange

Hey everyone,
Well here it is. I have no clue what is wrong with my friend. I haven't seen her in two weeks( which is wierd for us) and we had kinda made plans to hang out his weekend. She was supposed to call me and let me know what she wanted to do. Well By about 3:30 p.m. I decided to call her she didn't answer her phone so I kept trying off and on throughout the day. I started to get worried that something bad had happened. to her. Well I never got ahold of her that night. When I called her the next day she told me she went out with some friends to eat and drink and that she didn't get home till three in the morning. Well then she told me all my calls did not show up on her cell phone. which they are supposed to. Se asked if she could call me the next day and I said yeah. Well she didn't call so I called her then she made up an excuse and told me she had to visit her parents. I believed her. She said she would call me today and we would go do something. Well she didn't call so I called again. When I called I asked her what she was doing today and she said that she was busy and that she was going to her parents for dinner tonight. She said she would call me tonight to see if I wanted to hang. I get the feeling she is not going to call. This really hurts because we have been bestfriends for five years and I just feel like a total loser. I feel like she doesn't want to hang cause maybe I'm boaring or something. I know this is long but I am really hurt and confused. What should I do?

------------------
You alone can decide your destiny!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2002, 05:22 PM   #2
Inactive

Frangipani HB User
Being friends for five years, you should be capable of telling her how you feel.

Old 09-30-2002, 06:44 PM   #3

star508 HB User
Maybe she really is busy. My past week - if someone asked me to hang out, I think I'd make up excuses every time too, and they'd be honest ones. But you should definitely tell her how you feel.

Old 09-30-2002, 10:56 PM   #4

sherrie HB User
Maybe you should ask her if there was something you said or did that upset her?? Talk to her about it. Good Luck - good friends are hard to come by.

Old 10-01-2002, 07:30 AM   #5

someguyinhis20s HB User
Well it sounds like she may be blowing you off. I have a hard time believing someone could be so busy that they can't make a quick phone call or send an email.

But before you do anything rash, just call her up and ask her if she wants to get together and do something. If she makes an excuse and says she'll call back some other time, then ask why she says she'll call but never does. Make it clear that she's been doing this a lot to you.

Old 10-01-2002, 09:43 AM   #6
(female)

cookie monster HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by someguyinhis20s:
Well it sounds like she may be blowing you off. I have a hard time believing someone could be so busy that they can't make a quick phone call or send an email.

But before you do anything rash, just call her up and ask her if she wants to get together and do something. If she makes an excuse and says she'll call back some other time, then ask why she says she'll call but never does. Make it clear that she's been doing this a lot to you.
I second that. I used to have a former flatmate that moved just about "next door". For almost 10 months now, not ONE fone call nor simple "how r u?" email from her, neither was there a 60s neighbourly visit. Said she would visit/call me but so far, in this 10 mths, zero.

Perhaps if I wasn't timid, I would definitely ask her "by hook or by crook" this: why am I treated like this? i have no clue as to what i might have said or done to deserve this.

It's pretty harsh but in friendship, I believe that there should be a kangaroo court of justice.

I wish u luck in finding the truth.

Old 10-01-2002, 09:45 AM   #7
(female)

cookie monster HB User
Oops!!

I meant "NO kangaroo court of justice in friendship" and NOT "a kangaroo court of justice". I typed too fast. SORRY.

Old 10-01-2002, 01:55 PM   #8

someguyinhis20s HB User
Friendship is like any relationship. If it's a good one, then it's worth saving. The easy thing would be to just walk away. But at the same time, both people have to put in the effort. If it feels like the other person isn't meeting you halfway, then you've got a problem. You need to get it across to the other person that they're not trying hard enough.

Old 10-02-2002, 03:46 PM   #9

dustbunnys_baby HB User
Wink

Hey thanks everyone. I did talk to her about it and she said that she has just had a lot on her mind. She is just getting started with this new guy and I guess she really likes him. A lot is going on with that. We had a long talk and I told her how I felt, she felt really bad and said she did not intend to treat me that way. Thank god. I am so relieved. I was on my period this week so if I sounded kinda rude on any of my other posts thats why. Sorry. Thanks again. YOu all are the best.

------------------
You alone can decide your destiny!

Closed Thread