It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2002, 09:29 AM   #1

malab1 HB User
Post Why can't I move on?

I haven't been able to move on since my last relationship ended many months ago and it is making my life miserable. It wasn't like it was some long, good relationship, he just didn't feel the same about me as I did about him. I just can't seem to let him go, and accept that he's not going to be in my life. It feels like I will spend the rest of my life with a broken heart wishing he would come back. Has anyone else gone through this? It just feels like I will be carrying this around with me forever, never able to let go and move on. Any advice is appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2002, 12:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
I went through this before, finally after 5 years I decided I was going to try to get him back in my life.I excepted him for who he was and took whatever kind of relationship I could get from him.And that was the end of my broken heart and suffering.So if you love him THAT much , its better to have him in your life then not to have him there at all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2002, 03:18 PM   #3

newdawn HB User
oh I understand,
I can't let go of a guy its been over a year since we have even seen one another he didn't love me he is 22 and and I am 32 years of age.. I want him in my life but he doesn't want a thing to do with me it hurts and its controlling me I miss him a lot more than I thought I would.. and he won't listen to me no matter what I do??
let me know if you are obessessive over him?? see I keep writing him over and over
Renee'

Old 11-14-2002, 06:18 PM   #4

mothmin HB User
Red face

Mal, I think everyone does to some degree. the thing you must realize is, it ended for a reason. people tend to look back and romantisize things, think of only the good times, but the reality is, things look better in the past than present. find some one new and start a new pallet of ( good memories ) good luck.

Old 11-14-2002, 09:06 PM   #5

malab1 HB User
Thanks for the advice, everyone who replied. I do think I romanticize the past, thinking only of the good times, when the reality was, he was kind of crappy to me, stringing me along, and not being truthful with me. I just have a hard time meeting people to date, and when I met him, I was so happy because he presented himself to me to be a person who wanted a serious relationship, then waffled later. And Newdawn, I know where you are coming from, I totally obsess about him, mostly in my thoughts though. I've tried to avoid having any contact with him, which is hard because I see him every day. It's probably best that we accept that they aren't coming back and not have anything to do with them. It's just so hard.

Closed Thread