It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2002, 07:01 AM   #1

bobbee HB User
Question Things said when drunk? Genuine?

I have a question...how much truth is involved in something that is said when a person is drunk? I was out with the boy on the weekend, and he proceeded to drink a bit and get highly tipsy. He was a bit ill later on in the eve. (when we got back to his place), and while I was helping him out and making sure he was OK, I thought I heard him say "i love you", but cannot be quite sure because he didn't say it again when I asked him "What?", and there was a bit of noise in the background. He was not drunk off of his ***, and speaking clearly at this point...not mumbling and slurring....but still.. So, I guess I have two questions. First of all, if he did say this, then what are the odds that it is genuine? Secondly, should I bring this up again, as I am not completely sure of what he said...or leave it. I am thinking that I will leave it, but I am *so* intrigued! What do you all think? It has only been a little over a month...too soon for something like that?

Old 12-11-2002, 08:03 AM   #2

MonsterBiceps HB User
He probably likes you if he said that, but he may not be in love with you. Its impossible to say. If you like him, you could probably ask him out or something.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2002, 09:15 AM   #3

gem2000 HB User
I agree, he probably is just not ready to say it properly yet. Alcohol gives us the nerves to say and do what we are feeling inside.

My ex-bfs bestfriend and I became good friends and one night he was flirting with this other girl. I admit I was kind of jealous and had no right to be. Anyway, he was fairly drunk and came over to talk to me. He told me she wanted to go dancing and I told him he should take her. He said, very quietly and quickly, I would rather dance with you, and then quickly trie to cover up his statement. I knew right then and there he liked me. And when my ex and I broke up (badly), I kind of lost him as a friend as well because he felt he had to stick with his buddy. Losing his friendship probably hurt me more than breaking up with my ex. Sorry this is off topic, but I am trying to get my point across!

Old 12-11-2002, 02:21 PM   #4

bobbee HB User
To clarify....
I have been *dating* him for over a month...we are bf/gf already, so asking him out is not an option..as we are already doing that *lol*. In the end, they are only words...and drunken words at that... but still... would really like to know!

Old 12-11-2002, 05:01 PM   #5
zangiff

thats a tough one...alcohol does play a big role on what we will say...I think for the most part when you are drunk you say things that you want to say sober, but do not have the nerve too..but also there are times for this instance where a certain action of someone else will say something because they really appreciate what you doing for them...liek you were helping him out when he was feeling sick...and it may have been one of those I love you, man...things. But since you guys are dating there might have been some emotional feelings involved. Well I would not worry about it since you guys have only been going out for a month....love should not be something that you need to worry about it. Well good luck

Old 12-13-2002, 01:18 PM   #6

*OneStepCloser* HB User
This is a tough one, as I love everyone when I drunk. *lol*...

There have been certain incidents where I have said it while drunk and meant it but was after realizing that I said that I wouldn't repeat it for fear that I would be rejected. Then I was too nervous to say it again.

I've found that alcohol tends to enhance the feelings that are already there so my guess is that this guy cares a lot about you. Maybe his words were genuine. I would think so. All I can say, is wait and see what happens. Maybe he'll say it again. Right now he may be confused as to how he's going to say it sober. Does this make sense? I feel like I'm just jabbering. LOL

Well, I hope I could help. Good luck.

Larissa

Old 12-13-2002, 05:22 PM   #7

bobbee HB User
Thanks...this all really helps..

I was with him a few nights ago... He brought up the subject of whether or not I felt close to him. I told him that I really did. He said that he felt very close to me and that he had never spent so much time with someone so soon in a relationship..and then said that he was loving it. His words were genuine...for sure.. but no sober "I love you's" yet...which is fine *heh heh*...just wanted to put it out there. It's strange.. since the whole "drunken" incident a week ago or whatever, I have been thinking about my feelings a lot. I know that I feel deeply for him, but have never felt this so soon in a relationship and had the feeling more-or-less reciprocated. Is a month too soon for all of this?

Old 12-16-2002, 04:44 PM   #8

*OneStepCloser* HB User
Bobbee,
I'm glad that things aren't weird between the two of you. I think it's great that the feelings of closeness are mutual.

To soon? No, I wouldn't think so. No one has control of what they feel for another. I don't think that there's a certain "waiting period" before you're supposed to feel love. People fall in love at different rates and there's no time limit on when your feelings should arise. The best thing to do is just go with the flow and not worry too much if it's too soon. These feelings only come around a few times in your life and they should be enjoyed.

I wish you the best of luck. Let me know how things go.

Larissa

Closed Thread