It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
(female)

grayblue HB User
Question Advice, please. From men specially

I have been friends with a man for a while and we have been increasingly spending more and more time together alone... I have become interested on him in other ways also. He is one of my best friends, I feel like we have a lot in common as far as hobbies, upbringing, and a lot more... we can also talk about everything and I open up to him and him to me.
The problem is, he is dating one of my friends.
I don't want to loose him as a friend but I also don't think we should be hanging out that much anymore, because it is getting too intense to handle. I think he has some feelings for me as well... he keeps telling me how it is nice that we can talk when he can't really do the same with his girlfriend because she is not a very open person (which I know from experience, she doesn't like to share much with anyone).
Anyway... how do I solve this? Should I talk to him? Should I just stop hanging out with him (remember this means loosing one of my best friends)?

HELP!

Old 10-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User
Re: Advice, please. From men specially

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayblue View Post
I have been friends with a man for a while and we have been increasingly spending more and more time together alone... I have become interested on him in other ways also. He is one of my best friends, I feel like we have a lot in common as far as hobbies, upbringing, and a lot more... we can also talk about everything and I open up to him and him to me.
The problem is, he is dating one of my friends.
I don't want to loose him as a friend but I also don't think we should be hanging out that much anymore, because it is getting too intense to handle. I think he has some feelings for me as well... he keeps telling me how it is nice that we can talk when he can't really do the same with his girlfriend because she is not a very open person (which I know from experience, she doesn't like to share much with anyone).
Anyway... how do I solve this? Should I talk to him? Should I just stop hanging out with him (remember this means loosing one of my best friends)?

HELP!

In my honest opinion i think you should back off. He may be your 'best friend' but what about respect for your friend (the girlfriend) ? how would you like it if your boyfriend was getting closer and closer to a friend of yours. sometimes you need to put your feelings aside to stop anything from happening and causing alot of heartache.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2010, 04:43 PM   #3
(female)

grayblue HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveoctopus View Post
In my honest opinion i think you should back off. He may be your 'best friend' but what about respect for your friend (the girlfriend) ? how would you like it if your boyfriend was getting closer and closer to a friend of yours. sometimes you need to put your feelings aside to stop anything from happening and causing alot of heartache.
True.. I do understand that. It started with all of us hanging out in the same group of friends and then we both found out we have a hobby in common no one else in the group shares so we haven been practicing together and have become closer because of that. It was very innocent (believe me, I didn't plan any of this) I have lots of male friends who are just friends. I am not trying to take him from my friend!! But we do have some training scheduled and I can't just back out without explanation either. Can I?

Old 10-15-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User

I think you need to speak to him. Explain that you need to back off as you feel you two feelings are growing for eachother. You say your open and honest and he is with you. Then it shouldnt be diffacult to bring it up. I understand that things just happen sometimes which wasnt meant to happen but its about taking some sort of action.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Can i ask you though....do you want him ? be honest. not like your friend will see this is there.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:00 PM   #6
(female)

grayblue HB User

Quote:
Can i ask you though....do you want him ? be honest. not like your friend will see this is there.
Yes I do! I mean... the only thing holding me back from trying anything is her... because I really care about her also.

And about talking to him about feelings... I got advice from a guy friend not to do it so he doesn't get put in a bad situation. So I was thinking more on the angle of "Us hanging out alone (without other friends around) is making me uncomfortable because you are dating a friend of mine and I she may think something is going on between us" I guess if he has feelings for me and doesn't want to stop seeing me, he'll get the clue he needs to break up with her first?

Old 10-15-2010, 05:07 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

what do you feel inside that you should do?

Old 10-15-2010, 05:09 PM   #8
(female)

grayblue HB User

Quote:
The thing is... how often do you find a man you can talk to about everything, who has the same crazy interest and hobbies you have, completely responsible, financially secure, and spent the whole morning on Sunday teaching my son how to ride a bicycle??? BTW, he can cook also and he is extremely good looking! So sorry I can't help it! lol

One more thing.. he texts me multiple times a day, even when he is working. He invites me to everything he does (even playing ball with his friends) and every time I stop by his house for any reason he'll make me stay for dinner and cook for me (and my children if they are with me).

Tell me he isn't interested? This is insane!

Old 10-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #9
(female)

grayblue HB User

Quote:
what do you feel inside that you should do?
I've known his girlfriend longer than I've known him. We are part of a very tight group of friends and it already feels like I am stabbing her on the back when I look at him the way I've been.

So I guess it's a no-no until their relationship is over. Right? Should I let this resolve on it's own?

Old 10-15-2010, 05:15 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

you will get different opinions on here i think.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:18 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

yeah hes interested its obvious. but say if you with him would you trust him not to get close to another girl with same interests?

Old 10-15-2010, 07:01 PM   #12
(female)

grayblue HB User

Quote:
yeah hes interested its obvious. but say if you with him would you trust him not to get close to another girl with same interests?
You know what? I had to think about this for a minute, but I actually would trust him. Just the fact that he has not ever made a move shows me that I could.

Closed Thread