It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2003, 05:22 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

ellekay HB User
Post does a jealous man mean his in love?

hey guys.
Was just wandering all to my little self....wen a person is jealous wen u talk and flirt with another man, does that mean he has feelings for you?
I'm madly in love with my friend,but we're not together, and every time i flirt or even just talk to another man, he gets sad and hurt.
he's told me before that he's a very jealous person, but does that mean he has feelings for me?
Otherwise i dont understand his jealousy.

Old 08-25-2003, 03:17 PM   #2

wishful_thinking HB User
yes i think he definatly has feelings for you but it is not a good thing wen some one gets jelous all the time. if you love him and think he likes you then why arnt you together?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2003, 04:35 PM   #3
(female)

nadine HB User
Hey, why aren't you guys together if you are totally inlove with him??? I don't necessarily think that it means he is "interested" in the relationship sense if he gets jealous... could just be a hurt ego and not too necessarily a reflection of how he feels about you. Depends on what type of guy he is.

Old 08-25-2003, 05:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
Being jealous has nothing to do with how much in love he is with you, it's about his own ego, insecurity, and possessiveness--in other words, about HIM, not you.

Old 08-25-2003, 06:15 PM   #5

toolbox HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by poreoilyme:
Being jealous has nothing to do with how much in love he is with you, it's about his own ego, insecurity, and possessiveness--in other words, about HIM, not you.

agree. i've also heard that when someone shows jealously, it's because they have something to hide themself... don't know if this is true, but in my experiences, it usually has been. take care.

Old 08-25-2003, 06:57 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

ellekay HB User
What you guys have said may be true.....but how does that work.
When he is trully hurt wen i speak to another man, how does he not feel something for me?
i guess i just dont understand how it works.
Maybe i'm in denial.
why we arent together is because he's not ready for a serious relationship with me.
After reading your replies i'm all confused...but keep them coming.

Old 08-25-2003, 10:52 PM   #7
(female)

nadine HB User
I don't think there is any other way to put it other then what has already been said. I have known guys that get very jeoulous when their "female admirers", girlfirends of mine, talk of other guys to them... but it never leads them into wanting a serious relationship... what they want is a non -serious fun "friendship" - sounds like the potentials of your guy, I don't know... jeolousy is a selfish, not giving trait, therefore, it's expression is a very selfish one and usually has little to due with anyone else other then the person expressing it... he might have feelings for you, I don't know, you should really be asking him that... but him being jealous is not an indication that he cares for you, only that he cares a great deal for himself.

[This message has been edited by nadine (edited 08-26-2003).]

[This message has been edited by nadine (edited 08-26-2003).]

Old 08-26-2003, 10:37 AM   #8

USCRooster HB User
I agree with Nadine and others. It does not mean he has feelings for you. To understand it, consider this: have you known anyone or heard of people asking a friend of the opposite sex to pretend to be interested in them so that others who see them together become interested? Same thing. Another example - a friend of mine had been interested in this girl who had no interest in him. As soon as he started hanging out with someone else, she couldn't stand the loss of his attention and kind of threw herself at him. Well as soon as the other girl lost interest, so did she. Some people just act that way. I guess it's an ego thing.

Old 08-26-2003, 08:34 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

ellekay HB User
thanks...i guess u guys r right, and maybe i've been in denial all this time.
Its just that him and i go way back, and he told me he has feelings for me at one stage and i believed him. He just said he was scared and not ready.
I guess i was hanging on that last bit of hope, and every time he gets jealous, i would feel better about myself and it would give me hope.
I understand now.

Old 08-29-2003, 03:08 AM   #10

Dai HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by poreoilyme:
Very well put.

There is healthy jealousy, when another person basically cares what you do, but then there is destructive jealosy which shows as controlling behaviour, testing, possessiveness. Be careful with jealous men and do not seek attention by making a man you love jealous.

Do not mix jealousy and love, it is an explosive cocktail.

Closed Thread