It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
(female)

heyjuderefrain HB User
Relationship help for the high school student

Hello,
Thanks for taking the time to click on the the link leading to this post. I'll cut to the chase.
I am a fourteen almost fifteen year old high school student. School has been going really well lately. A few months ago I met this boy who ended up becoming my really close friend. I developed some pretty strong feelings for him. He turned sixteen before school started.
Him and I are now in a relationship. Before, he informed me that he is Obsessive-Compulsive, and Autistic. I'm not really sure which Autism but I'm thinking it's either Asperger's Disorder or Kanner's Syndrome, being that it's not too extreme.
He always apologizes, even for things he can't control. He is always worried that he is boring me or has said something to upset me. He has said several times that he's not trying to hurt my feelings when he says that we should take things slow or that he doesn't want to make out (being that he does not like germs); but he doesn't mind a small peck here and there. He is very polite and well-mannered, and tries his best to eat like a gentleman, even at fast-food chains where it's hard to do so. He does not like to be looked at while eating. He is always conscious about his breath and brushes his teeth constantly. He apparently takes a lot of medication, and has wondered if I thought that was a problem; I've assured him that it doesn't bother me at all. Sometimes he forgets if he's told me a story and ends up telling me once more; but I don't mind. He obsesses over playing his favorite instrument, drawing, and video games. We are both open with each other when it comes to most things. We share the same beliefs and both think that having sex before marriage is unnecessary. Sometimes he'll say something like, "I should kiss you on the cheek being that we've kissed on the lips already."
I love him for who he is. This sounds like a total cliche but I am being honest when I say he is one of the nicest people I have ever met.
Sometimes I feel as though he deeply cares about me, and other times he seems very... inside himself. I worry constantly about things, and one of them is that I will get old and/or he will get bored of me.
Thank you so much for reading this, even though it is extremely long. I know my grammar isn't perfect and some things may not make sense but thanks for bearing with me.
I would highly appreciate any information about OCD, Autism, Anxiety Disorder, Germaphobia, tips, or any possible advice. Am I doing things right so far? Should I do things differently? Anything extra would be very helpful.
Thank you,
Shelly

Last edited by heyjuderefrain; 11-24-2010 at 01:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread