It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
(female)

confusedldy HB User
Husband said I love you to another woman!

My husband joined a social networking site about a month ago. I've been on it for a few months before that, but never talk.

My husand talks a lot, and recently I discovered that he had said I luv you to another women! Help! This woman is single and I guess he knew her from school but they never dated. She's been only chatting to his friend for a while and out of the blue he went to her page, and made a couple of flirty comments and then I luv you!

Is this appropriate. I'm devestated. None of them have been in contact for nearly 15-20 years.

Is it appropriate for a married man to say this to another women, especially a single one?

Last edited by Mod-S4; 11-29-2010 at 06:55 AM.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:29 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Husband said I luv you to another women!

Have you talked to him about how you feel about this? That would be the first step.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

it is absolutely NOT appropriate

Old 11-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Ely4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB User

Totally inappropriate. If my husband said that to another woman he'd be looking for somewhere else to sleep tonight.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:14 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB User

Not appropriate PERIOD!

Old 11-29-2010, 08:35 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Your husband has been sucked into the fantasy exists in the internet.

It is completely inappropriate and he needs to get knocked back into reality, fast.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:51 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

amyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB User

Quote:
Is it appropriate for a married man to say this to another women, especially a single one?
Seriously, this one is a no-brainer.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:20 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

I think all that matters is how YOU feel about it. If it bothers you, it bothers you and you need to talk to him about it. Hopefully you guys can reach an understanding and he will better understand the boundaries and stay within them. If he doesn't, then you know he wants to chat with and flirt with her more than he wants to keep you happy.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:54 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User

NOT appropriate, he's married to you he should be saying 'i luv you' to you not her. If it was me i would leave him , no way would i put up with that. It probably would of lead to an affair i personally think.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User
Re: Husband said I love you to another woman!

Extremely inappropriate. I'd flip if I saw that on my DH's networking pages!

"To the moon!!!"

Old 12-02-2010, 11:02 AM   #11
(female)

confusedldy HB User

Thank you for these responses, I did flip. But he wants to keep her as a friend. He says he was joking. Should I make him block her?

I'm not sure how to take all of this.

Can someone joke about this sort of thing? It makes no sense that he would have said that to her, he doesn't even know her, and wasn't even close to her in school.

And a week went by and he just commented on her page again!

Last edited by confusedldy; 12-02-2010 at 11:03 AM.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

Absolutely not appropriate. You have every right to be angry.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:13 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

Ely4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB User

He obviously cares more about telling her he loves her and keeping her as a "friend" than he does about your feelings. Have you asked him to stop contact with her? I'd not put up with my husband telling another woman he loves her, even as a "joke", and refusing to cut contact.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User

what did the other recent comment say ?

hmmm i wouldnt believe him at all. if you try to make him 'block her' he will most likely do it behind your back anyway. whys he want to know her? i think he is chasing after her. maybe wants her or affair. leave your husband i think , you deserve better than this, your husband telling someone else who he doesnt really know that he loves them that is very strange and saying 'i love you' is not a joke , no one laughs at the words 'i love you' so it wasnt a joke at all. alot of people say ''it was a joke'' when they been found out. dont fall for it.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB User

Well let me just tell you that yours is not an isolated incident! Social networking sites are screwing up marriages all over the place! It IS a huge problem! It's so bad that some churches are counseling their married members against using these social networking sites! They were also saying that this is the biggest problem that they are now seeing when couples are coming in for counseling!

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-02-2010 at 11:34 PM.

Closed Thread