It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2010, 02:16 AM   #1
(female)

Bored1993 HB User
Unhappy I'm lesbian and lonely. How can I tell everyone that i am lesbian.

Hi, I am lesbian and I am in a relationship with a girl which is same sex for a year and a half now. Im currently living in Australia and my girlfriend is in Japan. In Japan, I have lots of friends, and they all know that I am lesbian and when I went to Japan with by myself for holidays my Grandfather/grandmother and Aunties and Uncles knew that I am lesbian, they can tell it from what I was wearing. I really looked like a guy with my short hair and guys clothes. They ddnt have any problems with it so far and I'm so happy about it.

But, Here in Australia. I feel so depress and Lonely, I dressed up as a Girl, act like a girl, because of my parents wanting me to change what I really am. They want me to be a Girl. Its so difficult for me, Im really not comfortable with others cause I couldn't express what is really Me. A Lesbian. I do not have many friends here in Australia. yes I know lots of them but we are not really close and we do not hang out. There is only 3 person who knows about who is really me. and they accept it. They're the only ones who knew what I feel , and also about my girlfriend in Japan.

My girlfriend in Japan doesn't know what i've been going through here in Australia, She thought that everyone here knows that I am lesbian. I don't want her to know cause i will be so ashamed.

I tried to tell my mom what I really feel that I am attracted to a women not to a men and the fact that I am lesbian. That it is really me and i am lesbian for like almost 7 years till now. But she ignore what i was telling her. She told me that my feelings will change that its still developing and she do not want me to be a lesbian she wanted me to be a straight girl, she wants me to dress like a girl she always made me wear a dress and a girl clothes. She wanted me to broke up with my girlfriend.

I feel so upset about it, I really cried in front of her while me keep saying that this is really me and explaining how I feel. But, still now nothing change.

I am so sick about whats going on me, I want to be comfortable with others here In australia, Im really not comfortable with them cause they do not know what is truth behind me. I am afraid on what they will say if ever they know about it.

I do not hang out with everyone here in Australia cause I am so sick of acting like a girl. I want to be just me. And I am so depress.

But now, i have decided that in 2011 I want some changes. I want to express the real me I want to tell my friends who is really me, and I want to have friends who accept who is really me. and i dont know what should i do to my parents for them to accept me.

I am really scared and afraid I dont know what will happen to me if this continues to happen. People please give some suggestion. How will I tell this to my friends. To my parents which ive tried to tell them before but they only ignore it.

Last edited by Bored1993; 12-25-2010 at 02:17 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User
Re: I'm lesbian and lonely. How can I tell everyone that i am lesbian.

you dont live your life for anybody else, you live it for you. stuff what they say its about you and who you are and what makes you happy. if it was me i would hold my head up high and be proud of who i am (its not like your some sort of alien that needs to hide away from society lol) and i would say to people around me ''i am a lesbian and that is what i am and i am happy with it so like it or lump it''. there is only you who can make this situation better by making those changes that you mentioned doing. i get very annoyed when i hear parents controlling there kids into what they WANT them to be instead of letting there kids be there own person, make own choices, experience things and learn there own mistakes if they was any. a good parents would think to themselves ''whatever makes my child happy then i am happy''. you make those changes and dont be afraid they might moan and ***** at you but guess what you'll be you not a fake you for them anymore. dont let life pass you by wasting it on worrying about other people all the time , think of you, take chances/opportunitys because when you are older you may look back and regret it.

The Following User Says Thank You to cryingforever For This Useful Post:
Bored1993 (12-25-2010)
Old 12-25-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
(female)

Bored1993 HB User
Unhappy Re: I'm lesbian and lonely. How can I tell everyone that i am lesbian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryingforever View Post
you dont live your life for anybody else, you live it for you. stuff what they say its about you and who you are and what makes you happy. if it was me i would hold my head up high and be proud of who i am (its not like your some sort of alien that needs to hide away from society lol) and i would say to people around me ''i am a lesbian and that is what i am and i am happy with it so like it or lump it''. there is only you who can make this situation better by making those changes that you mentioned doing. i get very annoyed when i hear parents controlling there kids into what they WANT them to be instead of letting there kids be there own person, make own choices, experience things and learn there own mistakes if they was any. a good parents would think to themselves ''whatever makes my child happy then i am happy''. you make those changes and dont be afraid they might moan and ***** at you but guess what you'll be you not a fake you for them anymore. dont let life pass you by wasting it on worrying about other people all the time , think of you, take chances/opportunitys because when you are older you may look back and regret it.
Thanks for your advice that really helped me and that made me feel better I will really do it to tell my parents not to make me dress up like a girl and will do what i want the things that will make me happy. yes im really tired of being a FAKE me to eveybody else from now on i wouldnt mind those people around me if they will say bad things about me atlease its the real me. Thanks a lot. Have a good new yr.

The following user gives a hug of support to Bored1993:
cryingforever (12-26-2010)
Old 12-26-2010, 03:29 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: I'm lesbian and lonely. How can I tell everyone that i am lesbian.

In every city in Australia, there are branches of the Gay and Lesbian Counseling Services. It is free, just call them, they can refer you and advise you and just be a listener if that is what you want. Look in the white pages and find your local number.
As for the parents, it will take time, they have all sorts of prejudices and stuff to get over. If you live your life as you wish, and always leave the door open for them to be part of your life, they (as do most parents) will eventually come around. It sounds like they, in their loving ignorance, see this as a phase, something you are choosing to do. Insist on them respecting who you are, by being true to yourself, and showing them that you are happy with who you are. Sera.

The Following User Says Thank You to Seraph For This Useful Post:
cryingforever (12-26-2010)
Closed Thread