It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User
losing my head

i have never been so excited before to see a psychotherapist and i need to see one real FAST. i am losing my mind. i am getting some dark thoughts, i feel hatred ,resentment against ALOT of people who have ****** me off. i am now starting to get aggressive horrible thoughts. i just want to be ALONE but feel so trapped. i hate my family, my boyfriend and my ex's and everyone whos ever done wrong by me.

Last edited by cryingforever; 12-27-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User
Re: losing my head

You're human, and anger is a natural human emotion. I think it's only natural to feel agressive and angry toward people who have wronged us. It hurts to be betrayed or to be let down by someone you were counting on. What matters is what you DO with those feelings. Those feelings are telling you that you don't want those things to happen again. And since the only person we can control is ouselves, you need to use the anger as a guide of sorts. What was it about the situation that didn't go the way you thought it should for you, and the part YOU played in the way it went. Did you not stand up for yourself enough? Did you not ask the right questions? Did you count on someone who has proven themselves unaccountable yet you went ahead and counted on them anyway, expecting them to be someone they're not? Use these feelings to learn what YOU did to contribute to the bad outcome, and what you can do better the next time you're faced with the situation.

And cut yourself a break. Give yourself permission to be angry for a while, as long as you don't wallow in it to the point of it being counterproductive or act out in an inappropriate or illegal way. Feel it, then envision how you would want the situation to go next time and what you can do to make it come out that way, and then work on forgiveness, and like Oprah says, forgiveness is not saying "what you did was ok." Forgiveness means accepting how things are and giving up wish that the past could have ended up differently.

The Following User Says Thank You to Larrylou'smom For This Useful Post:
cryingforever (12-28-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #3
(female)

vworried HB Uservworried HB User

It sounds like you have had a difficult time and I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you! I am new to this message board and it seems like a very supportive place.

The Following User Says Thank You to vworried For This Useful Post:
cryingforever (12-28-2010)
Old 12-28-2010, 03:39 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User

yes it is i love healthboards lol always cheers me up with kind supportive words and i like to be there for other people aswell. good to know were not alone and its thanks to healthboards who made this site that we can interact with eachother.

Closed Thread