It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
(female)

missheavyweight HB User
Previous Issues interfering with future relations

Okay so I got out of a 4 year relationship about 2 months ago that really took a toll on me. He was emotionally hurtful and somewhat physical (he pushed but never hit me) but he wasn't 100% terrible to me. He was there for me and I know he loved me (the best way he knew how). However, the fights (which occured more often than not) took a toll on our relationship and he ended up cheating on me and I ended up hanging out with someone else (I didnt fool around) but this guy seemed great. Long story short - this new "guy friend" waited til I left my boyfreiend to show me his "true side" and he hurt me bad.

The last straw was one time he texted me from Toronto telling me that he was on his way to my place. Mind you, I had already been waiting 4 hours or so for his show and he was always late. I waited patiently though because the last thing I wanted to do was get upset about him being late when we just started seeing eachother and all. This was post breakup with my boyfriend I previously mentioned. So I waited and waited and I started to get worried because 4 hours later - still a no show. I sent him texts saying at the this point I was really just worried and wanted to make sure he was ok. Still no text back. I called him maybe 5 times and nothing. I started to get really worried and I couldnt sleep cause this was unlike him. I had school the next day and was super tired driving to school and felt like a pile of crap! Anyways, he at 1:00 pm he finally texted me saying "sorry I went home and fell asleep." I wa HYSTERICAL! I freaked on him and told him I would never feel the same way towards him for lying and he didnt even care. He still tries to contact me but I blow him of cause he blew it. & if you knew his history - you'd know this was only his true character coming out.

So I still manage to have some faith in men but not a lot. I have really grown cold towards them. I am naturally a pretty shy person but if I get the courage to talk to a person it goes well. I am not insecure - I have no problems with the way that I look. But I tend to freeze up and feel sick everytime I go to talk to someone who I am interested in. It even happens on occasion when I present in class and I hate it.

So theres a guy at my school that I would like to get to know - just as a friend. I dont want to rush into anything, I just want to talk to him. Does anyone have any advice on how I could go about this??

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread