It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2011, 07:41 AM   #1
(female)

memawof3 HB User
Question marriage after retirement issues...

I have not seen alot on this subject here,so i thought i might bring this up,in order for other people to talk about here..as weel as myself.
I have been married for almost 44 years now to the same man..
all was very well when he was working,but after his retirement a couple years ago,our relationship is not the same...
love is not the issue here,its more about ralationship between each other,respect,ect..
its been an ongoing problem, and i for one,am not sure how to make it better for us..
when he retired,we had made plans to go to ireland, and travel..well the economy droping put a stop to that!
then we had alot of issues with health care, for me as iam to young to go on medicare,so we needed to get that in order too..
needless to say,its taken its tole on me..
seems now,all he wants to do is go have coffee with the guys at our local cafe almost everyday,,,when he is home,its all about andy griffeth or mash or bonaza,ect...
i know its winter,and we cant get outside and enjoy doing that..but he done that last summer too..
we dont talk together that much,and seems its all about what they guys are doing,him and a friend planning out his class reunion,or golf,or our youngest son calling him everyday for something!!!!
I feel very left out!
so, iam asking if there are other women going through what iam dealing with right now....after the husband retires????
bren

Closed Thread