It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Lance0204 HB User
adult friendships

so i moved to a new country (canada) 4 yrs ago and although i know lots of people i don't have any guy friends at all. all my friends are females as i've taken a lot of dance classes so inevitably you meet them there (had one relationship..see other thread). its really bothering me (actually not until my ex gf pointed it out did it bother me). but seriously, its like i've forgotten what to do with other guys. in college it was easy. we were all the same age, interested in the same things so i guess the friendships came naturally. now i just can't find anything to base and sustain an actual guy friendship with. i'm 32 now and work with people from such a broad age range. most people just aren't in the same places in life as i am. how can i be involved in so many activities during the week but can't establish friendships like i had in college with anyone?? i don't "hang out" at all as i'm not into what every other guy seems to be into and now that relationship ended i just realized how lonely i am living here. i honestly don't know what i would do to "hang out" even if i did have these friends. this makes for a very boring single life..not to mention when i decide to try to date again, this situation will most likely scare women off. where do i go from here??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2011, 05:59 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User
Re: adult friendships

do you like football? or working out in a gym? you could meet male friends by going places where men hang out.

i understand where your coming from most my friends are males, i am wanting to meet new female friends who are mature etc...i am starting college soon to meet new people.

its just about putting yourself out there to meet new people. maybe think of where men hang out. local bar? you could get a job where plenty of men work? gym? sports club? football club?

Last edited by cryingforever; 01-08-2011 at 06:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread