It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
(female)

Ashh HB User
Miserable valentines day

I'm sooo annoyed valentines day is coming up. The day me and my ex got together in 09 wow why did we have to get together on that day of all the days.and worst part I'm still not over him yet matter of fact I cried today ): I hate valentines day! I wish I didn't thibk that way it just hurts still I can't wait to be over him ):

Old 01-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User
Re: Miserable valentines day

Honey, you're singing my song!! I think a lot of singletons hate Valentine's Day. Let's face it, it's a commercial, manufactured day that loving couples get to rub their happiness in the faces of those of us who are still, or again, flying solo. My ex dumped me on Groundhog's day, less than two weeks before V-day, and married a woman whose birthday is Feb. 11, so yeah, the whole first half of February sucks for me. BUT...no sense dwelling on it. Treat yourself. Sometimes I get myself some flowers to brighten up my place. Why wish you had flowers? Give them to yourself! Or instead of looking at those heart-shaped boxes of chocolate and hating them, and myself, I'll buy one of the smaller ones, have a piece or two, and share the rest with family or co-workers. Take yourself out to dinner or to a movie. I try to look at it like another holiday, a chance to celebrate what's good about life. I mean, my goodness, at least you're alive, and not lying in a hospital bed with a severe brain injury like Rep. Giffords. Things could be worse. Celebrate what you've got.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2011, 12:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

wow it's a month away....are you going to be miserable for a whole month yet?
plan on doing something YOU like on valentines day
get together with a single friend, go out to dinner, or treat yourself to a pedicure and a pizza

Old 01-13-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
(male)

bylm85 HB Userbylm85 HB Userbylm85 HB User

I understand your reasons for hating Valentines day, but V-day doesn't have to be a miserable day for you. Valentines day I feel is a day to show the people in this world you truly care about your feelings. Now of course this is easiest to do with a spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend, etc. but it doesn't have to pertain specifically to that. Find a friend, maybe your parents, brother or sister, and express to them how much they mean to you and that you're grateful they're in your life. I don't like to make a big deal about V-Day with my family, friends, and significant other, but a nice handmade card to the right person can really brighten their day. I'm sorry that the break up is still aching you, but try to be a glass is half full type of person on the whole matter. Look at the relationship as a learning experience. Don't let it ruin your mood or ruin a time of the year where you can help bring joy to someone else. Who knows, by being there on Valentines for someone else, you may lift their spirits where they may not have been otherwise.

Last edited by bylm85; 01-13-2011 at 01:40 PM.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User

Im in relationship and Valentines day still sucks. I just amke it a day for spoilong myself... Get a massage, hang out with other single people, go see a non romantic movie and have chocolate! All in all, its just one day. You can make it through that. But my concern is why you are so upset about it that you are worried about it a month in adavance.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:18 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

CadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB User

It's a stupid, fake holiday manufactured by the jewelry and candy and flower companies who try to convince women that if their guy doesn't buy them a big diamond and a huge bouquet of roses he doesn't care about them. It's totally a way for companies to make money. And I sure don't understand why anyone buys into any of it! Because I sure don't.

Don't go out to dinner because all of the people who have bought into the fake holiday will be crowding the restaurants. I recommend getting together with sisters, cousins or single friends (or a guy friend!) and having a cooked at home dinner & some nice wine, followed by a comedy (not romantic comedy!) movie and a lot of laughs.

The Following User Says Thank You to CadenceA For This Useful Post:
cryingforever (01-13-2011)
Old 01-13-2011, 10:26 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User

i agree totally with CadenceA make a homemade dinner and wine and comedy movie that sounds awesome, sounds to me better than going to a resturant watching people slobbering all over eachother. i dont bother with valentines either and neither does my boyfriend lol. if you dont try to get over the ex you will live in longer heartache

Closed Thread