It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
(male)

La mer HB User
Is she blowing me off

ok so i met this really cute girl last thursday on a night out she was really into me more than i was into her but still i was thrilled to be around her.

anyway her mates left and so did mine so we both stayed in the club with each other dancing and kissing for hours at the end of the night she asked for my number then she gave her number saying that she would really like to see me again, then i called her a cab and left.

the next day i sent her a text message saying that i had a great night and was really nice to meet her, we txt each other for quite a while then i asked her if she would like to go out sometime she replied saying she would love to so we arranged to go out the following evening.

the next day i woke up to txt saying " hey... I'm sick thought it was the last of the hangover last night but don't think it is, i really wouldn't be much fun tonight, sorry x"

i txt her back saying that i was really looking forward to meeting her again but hope you get better. i sent her another txt two days later asking if she was any better and would like to arrange another night to go out but she hast replied, is this girl blowing me off she seemed really into me at the time?

The following user gives a hug of support to La mer:
winterblue (01-20-2011)
Old 01-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
(female)

angela5271 HB Userangela5271 HB User
Re: Is she blowing me off

Why don't you just call her? Having a 'real' conversation with someone is more telling than a text "conversation."

Hard to say if she is blowing you off...she may really be ill.

My cousin and I were just talking tonight about how technology has gotten in the way of face to face or over-the-phone talks; I think getting back to basics is needed.

So call her...don't text her!! How can you gauge interest over a few typed words?

~Angela

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2011, 04:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User

Angela is right. Moreover it would be only very friendly and manly of you to ask her if she got over her illness and hear her say it herself. Listening to her voice can also give you some clue as to whether she is interested in you or it was just a one-night stand, so to say.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:13 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

I have to agree with Angela and Pendulum. I would give her the benefit of doubt about whether she is sick or not, and after your conversation you can make your decision.

I would be much more enthused about a phone call than a text, particularly when being asked on a date.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:35 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

You say in your first sentence that she seemed more into you than you were into her. Are you sure this concern over her apparent lack of interest is really worry over a missed opportunity to get to know a great girl or just a bruised ego? What would you do if she suddenly came around and was as into you as she seemed that night?

The Following User Says Thank You to Larrylou'smom For This Useful Post:
winterblue (01-20-2011)
Old 01-20-2011, 10:41 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Ely4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB User

Maybe she's still ill, maybe she's just regretting her actions from that night while her inhibitions were down from drinking.

It's so hard to tell what someone is actually thinking through email and text messages, the emotions don't come across properly. Talk to her, give her a call and actually speak to her. You can judge her response better when you can hear her voice.

Closed Thread