It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2011, 06:36 AM   #1
(female)

marinadiamonds HB User
How do I make things right with him after acting so stupid!

Iíve been casually seeing this guy for 3 months and everything was going great, he would contact me all the time, make time to see me and seemed really into me. So I suggested that we might as well be together properly in a relationship and I thought he would agree but he said he needed time to think and that he would let me know in a few days.

So I met up with him in a restaurant but I had been drinking before I met him which was a very bad idea as he was sober. Basically I acted very inappropriately towards him, made a scene over nothing and embarrassed him all because I was drunk . I told him to leave me and that I didnít want to see him again and he looked really hurt and basically said he had had enough and just left.

He wouldnít talk to me after that so I rang him the next day and he said that he is still very angry about the situation as he would never put up with anything like that. I apologised and told him that I didnít want to lose him as a friend over this and that I donít even know why I did it. He didnít really say much on the phone and there was mainly silence. I havenít heard from him since then and itís been 3 days now. So I donít know what to do. I want to contact him but Iím scared that if I do I will push him away even further. How do I make this right?

Old 01-23-2011, 06:57 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User
Re: How do I make things right with him after acting so stupid!

so it did get off to a bad start so all i can suggest is just wait a few more days then try again. you apologised and thats all you can do. hopefully the space will help him forgive you depending on how bad it was. sometimes takes people longer than just 3 days to get over something if it was that bad. give it a little time but dont wait for him for too long, you made a silly mistake we all do it , not worst thing in the world even though it must of upset him and you also had the decency to say sorry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User
Re: How do I make things right with him after acting so stupid!

Since he was so luke warm to your idea of being in a proper relationship, it very well could be that he wanted out, and unfortunately you provided him with the perfect excuse by getting drunk and acting inappropriately. You didn't say specifically, but I'm guessing you pressured him to make a commitment to you, why can't we be together, why don't you just want to be with me, etc?

I think the worst thing you can do is hound him and beg forgiveness. Leave it for a few days, maybe even a week, and if you don't hear from him, just leave him a message saying you respect his decision and that you're sorry for behaving the way you did, and leave it at that. You can't change his mind for him, this is something he must decide for himself, and if he decides not to overlook this, or if he had already decided you were moving too fast for him and he wasn't prepared to give you what you wanted from him, then you have no choice but to accept it and move on, learning the lesson that you can't pressure a man into loving you or wanting to commit to you, and getting drunk when you are feeling emotionally vunerable and needy is ALWAYS a BIG mistake.

Closed Thread