It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
(female)

halfmoon HB User
broke up w me help need fast response

Well my bf of 4 months just broke it off via text...classy huh? He sent the msg about a half hr ago and I haven't responded, and he just exted me again w a "?????" Looking for a response. Kinda just want to ignore him and never talk to him again...what should I do? What would hurt him the most? That's what I want right now

Old 01-31-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

punkybear HB User
Re: broke up w me help need fast response

That is an awful thing to do. I am sorry that happened to you, halfmoon. As much as you want to hurt him right now, if there is anything I have learned that if you handle yourself with class and dignity that IS the best revenge. And they usually end up wanting you back. (Even though I don't think you want him.) Just respond with a simple "Yes...I got it. What are you wanting me to say, exactly?"

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2011, 08:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Don't stoop to his level by trying to hurt him. Let him know you got the message, but then ignore him. Don't respond to any future texts. Why submit yourself to further hurt?

Old 01-31-2011, 09:38 PM   #4
(male)

bylm85 HB Userbylm85 HB Userbylm85 HB User

This is the problem with the digital age. It's so easy to be so impersonal. To break up with someone nowadays is as easy as a click or button push away. The best advice I could give to you would be to not reply at all. If he wants a break up, make him call you and do it. Ignore any texts he sends until he calls. If he never calls you already know the ending of the story and could move on. But at least give him the chance to grow a pair.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:51 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User

I agree with bylm. Texting isn't "breaking up". If he wants that to be it, then he's a looser already, and will eventually come to realize that when his friends tell him how stupid that was.

Don't reply. He's not worth it. Move on. Don't speak to him anymore.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:50 AM   #6
(male)

coupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB User

" what should I do? What would hurt him the most? That's what I want right now"

I agree with the others, ignore all texts and dint text/call him! the best way you can hurt him now if it's your real desire? is to find your own way to be happy. happiness is the best revenge

just my personal experience and advice

good luck and god bless

Larry/coupe

Old 02-01-2011, 10:53 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User

Did he give you a reason as to why he broke he broke up with you or just a simple text ''its over bye'' ? hes a loser. no balls and no decency to say it to you in person he just does the cheap easy way out. immature. better men out there.

Last edited by cryingforever; 02-01-2011 at 10:53 AM.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:10 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

I know when someone we cared about and trusted hurts us, it's only natural to want to hurt them back, but the sad truth is, he's not emotionally invested in you enough for you to be able to hurt him in any real way, not like he hurt you. The best thing to do is concentrate on emotionally separating yourself from him. that means no contact, no allowing him to take up space in your head, and concentrate on moving your life past him. I mean, in the big scheme of things, four months is such a short amount of time, not long enough to get all bent out of shape. I know it's possible to form strong feelings for someone in just four months, soon you'll look back on this and wonder why you cared so much. He wasn't even really a boyfriend, just a "some guy." Just some guy who was bored, horny and a real good liar. Onward and upward.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #9
(female)

halfmoon HB User
breakup guy wants to see me

I wrote last week about how my bf broke up with me...I was so sad/mad all week but took all of your good advice and resisted my many urges to contact him. Well today 5 days after breakup he texts me that he can't stand it he misses me too much and wants to see me. Of course I'm happy but don't know what to do...I want to see him but feel stupid at the same time...

Old 02-06-2011, 09:53 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User
Re: breakup guy wants to see me

why did he break up with you in the first place? just needing bit more background so can give my advice or opinion.

Closed Thread