It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2011, 09:25 AM   #1
(female)

ghulabi HB User
Menapause

i am 51 years and starting to menapause i was looking forward to it. two month ago i exprience something very nasty. i over heard my husband and his friend talking about menapause and his friend advice him something very stupid that went i start to menapause i should wear tight ski pants and walk through a mall and see if i have any sexual feelings for other man or woman.

i asked him about it but he does not want to say anything. i found this very disgusting. and it stress me. did any 1 out there exprience something like this.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User
Re: Menapause

Yes, that was rather disrespectful, but perhaps in their minds they were just making a joke, what do I know?

It has really made a bad impression on you, however, for two months are gone and you are sort of still dwelling on this. Can't you let it go, or are there any other signs that your relationship with your husband is going sour?

And why were you looking forward to your menopause?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2011, 07:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

trystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB User

It sounds like he was joking around with his friend at your expense. He should have apologized when he found out that you had overheard them.

I don't get the joke though. What he said makes no sense to me. What does wearing ski pants and walking through a mall have to do with menopause? I guess that I am missing something here.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

resolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB User

I'm also sure it was a person trying to be funny. It's too bad you didn't step right in and tell him your husband was planning his mid-life crisis to include a sports car and that the two of you would ride in it to the mall together and strut your stuff.

I think the idea of being freed from accidental pregnancy leads some men to get the wrong idea of what a woman is interested in. Heck, maybe it was this guy's experience. But one stupid, weak joke should not change the way you feel about yourself. You can't help it your husband has a tacky friend. And that's really the only impact on you. Otherwise, you're fine.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:13 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

It sounds like the kind of stupid thing an immature person would say. The fact that it makes no sense is a pretty big clue. Your husband should pick better friends!

The Following User Says Thank You to Kszan For This Useful Post:
cryingforever (03-02-2011)
Old 03-02-2011, 09:02 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User

yeah i think he was saying a joke about you but the jokes on him as he told a crap joke that dont even make sense. silly man. lol. dont let it bother you too much hes not worth stressing over.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:26 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Ely4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB User

Look on the bright side, at least it was his friend that made that ridiculous comment and not your husband. Don't let some idiots stupid comments upset you, he's not worth it.

Closed Thread