It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

digmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB User
Re: Girl I've known for 26 years tells me she was raped... advice please

It seems like no matter what advice people ask for and receive, they usually end up what they originally wanted to do anyway. Not a knock on you bears, just something to observe

Old 04-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #17
(male)

dabears2010 HB User

Well, I finally talked to her about what happened, and the answers were mixed. I would like to know what you all think of what she said.

The first thing she told me what that me telling her this was unexpected, and that she really didn't know what to say. She said it was a while ago and that we both had a lot to drink that day- no kidding. Then she said she remembered that she did tell me something, but not exactly what. She said that, yes, she was assaulted, but the situation did not get any farther than that. Not really sure what she meant by that, and that she was really going through a lot at the time. She did say that she was very sorry for dropping that bomb on me and that it was unfair of her to do so. Also that she didn't know why she told me this because she didn't tell anyone close to her at all, including her own family. Then, she said she could never repay me for not telling anyone we know about it ever at all. Ever she stressed in bold. She was adamant that this stayed between us only, understandably. She did say that she couldn't imagine what I thought of her or think of her now after she told me this. I told her it didn't matter.

She e-mailed me later on and said thank you again and that she wanted me to call her soon.

Still, a few things don't quite add up here. She kept using a lot of words like honestly, as best as I can remember, and so on and then said that she knew that she told me something, but not exactly what. Well, that was obvious because like I said in an earlier post, she was avoiding me somewhat after telling me all of this.

Would like to hear what some of you think about this. Thanks again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

My advice is to keep your distance. Be a friend if you want, but you don't need the drama.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-09-2011 at 11:51 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thisby For This Useful Post:
cryingforever (04-04-2011)
Old 04-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I don't get why this matters so much to you. If its true or not, does it matter? Its not like you guys are dating or married, so why is it so important to figure this out? It seems like you're worrying about something that has nothing at all to do with you. Just let it go.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 04-04-2011 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Rude comments removed. Please post in a supportive manner or move on.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:40 PM   #20
(male)

dabears2010 HB User

First of all, I would never tell the whole story on a message board. I gave the basics. Second, to me it is important if somebody you grew up and had a relationship with with tells you something as serious as this and would want to talk about it or was possibly even lying about it, then there would be some help needed there too.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-07-2011 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Inappropriate comments removed.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #21
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User

I think you should stop focusing on this 'has she been or not been raped' issue. I know you care about her but until shes willing to open up FULLY i think you should move on from it and just concerntrate on been friends like hanging out, going shopping the usual stuff what friends do. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-09-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Closed Thread