It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2011, 06:16 AM   #1
(female)

Nicole85 HB User
what to get your guy for his b-day when your strapped?

hello. i'm dating a man who has a good heart deep down, but we're on and off dating for over 3 1/2 years and he's just not that into me, i believe. he doesnt want to live together, move forward as far as being serious, and seems like we're always headed for downhill, especially lately. it's his birthday and i am out of ideas because he has everything, and when i have gotten him Christmas gifts or whatever kinds of gifts in the past, he scoffs at them and throws them aside as if they were too cheap for him to look at. but yet he is extremely senstitive about birthdays and Christmas presents. i''m always strapped and scraping by- but want to get him something but have no clue what. or is it wrong to not get him anything? he doesn't like things that are less than hundreds of dollars so i'm leaning towards not getting him anything, but that might seem rude. i'm not good at these situations, any ideas??? thanks,

Old 03-05-2011, 06:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User
Re: what to get your guy for his b-day when your strapped?

What!!!! I have to read this again. I can't believe you are keen about giving this man a birthday present when he scoffs at them and throws them aside if ... Don't you think this is rude and not getting him anything? I'd send him a card, if anything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2011, 07:02 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

I totally agree! Also, it sounds like the gift thing is a metaphor for the whole relationship - you putting in the work, and him rejecting. Why are you even letting this person in your life. As a gift suggestion, a "Dear John" letter springs to mind...Sera

Old 03-05-2011, 07:25 AM   #4
(female)

angela5271 HB Userangela5271 HB User

Is this the same guy that is abusive, 100% alcoholic, and treats you like S---? The same one you were complaining about in January? I'm confused here!!! Why are you even considering getting this vinegar sac anything? I have an idea...give him a door slam in the face, and leave gift!!!!! That doesn't cost anything...so no worries on your part about being "strapped."

Old 03-05-2011, 07:27 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

Agreed with the others. He gets nothing! If he complains about it, tell him he never liked anything you gave him, so you decided not to get him anything! End of discussion! He sounds like a complete jerk, why are you even still talking to him?

Old 03-05-2011, 08:02 AM   #6
(male)

NeckIssueGuy HB UserNeckIssueGuy HB UserNeckIssueGuy HB UserNeckIssueGuy HB UserNeckIssueGuy HB User

I'll tell ya about the same. Leave him in the wind and move on with you're head held HIGH!!!
The wife and I of 20 years have never been materialistic because that don't buy true love,
we sacrifice about everything for our kids,we used to do lots of things go out and so fourth like back in 92-93 LOL

But now it's all for the kids and running my construction business was a 24/7 job... I lived the job for over 20 years and the wife loves me for it not feeling left out.
We have a house paid for lived good for a long time till I have had some issues the last five years and the last year has put me down.
I feel like an old lame dog BUT GUESS WHAT SHE STILL LOVES MEEEEEE for me, and works now to support us as she has been a stay at home mom for 17 years.
What you have there is unhealthy and potentially dangerous for both of you!
Mentally abusive guy needs to be put in his place the gutter or doghouse,and move on to find that true love your heart desires.
I'm sorry to be so forward but it sounds like the proper advice.

I wanna say high to everyone, Ibeen lurking for a while around here and couldn't let this go by without saying something hope it's helpful.. take care and find that guy that's gonna be the one for you.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:07 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

CadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB User

How about a figurative kick in the pants?

He treats you lousy and rudely rejects every gift you give him and you want to give him more? How come?

I wouldn't even bother telling him why you are getting him nothing. I'd just not even mention his birthday and if he is rude enough to ask where his gift is, I'd ask him if he wanted his kick in the pants now or later.

BTW, has he ever given you a gift?

Old 03-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Ely4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB User

Why bother wasting your money. He doesn't want whatever you get him anyway, so get him nothing.

You're not rude, he is - extremely.

Get yourself a present instead and find a boyfriend who deserves your efforts.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User

what an ungrateful heartless man. why buy him anything when he acts like that and also doesnt seem that into you as you say ? dont buy him anything the ungrateful jerk.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

digmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB User

Yeah, I highly doubt he's ever bought you a gift for over a hundred dollars. I am straight up begging you not to get him anything. Tell him he never liked your gifts anyway, if he even brings it up cause he feels entitled. I hope you break up with him, sincerely, for your sake.

Closed Thread