It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
(female)

halfmoon HB User
he's a liar!!

I'm blown away right now...as of last week everything was great with my bf. We went to lunch had a great time and were supposed to see each other today. He texts me yesterday and says he has to go out of town to see his mom bc she's sick...it seemed kind of strange so I called his office today and he answered the phone!! Please tell me why he lied...he could have just said he was busy, why the elaborate lie about his mom?? I'm so hurt/disgusted and feel like an idiot...what else has he lied to me about? what do I do now...will he contact me again and if he does what do I do? Hate myself and him right now

Old 03-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: he's a liar!!

when he answered did you say anything?
If not, i'd call back and when he picks up again, act surprised, and say "oh, i was just calling to leave a message to tell you I miss you, while you were off visiting your mom, you're back already?"

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2011, 10:42 AM   #3
(female)

halfmoon HB User

I hung up when he answered...I thought about calling back and busting him, but we always communicate by cell phone so he'd know I was checking up on him. In his text he wrote "not sure when I'll be back." ***?? Thought about texting and saying "I'm really worried about u is everything ok?" Or something and see what he says...if he keeps lying or what?

Old 03-15-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
(female)

solcita HB Usersolcita HB User

Maybe he still didn't leave town but will after office?
Just check through text what he tells you. Ask if he's already there or something like that. If he tells you he's with his mom, call to his office and do what Rose told you to... I think that'd be a good way to find out... Let us know what you find out!

Old 03-15-2011, 10:57 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Tivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB User

I often forward my work number to my cell phone when I won't be in the office, just to make sure people can get in touch with me when I'm not there. Is it possible that he forwarded his phone?

I have to ask if this is the guy who broke up with you via text and with whom you have been on again/off-again for a long time? If so, then I would say, what did you expect from this guy? The whole multiple-break-up-and-get-back-together thing never works out.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
(female)

halfmoon HB User

I didn't think about the phone forwarding thing...that's my last ray of hope that he's not a complete scumbag. He answered after like 2 rings. And his voicemail doesn't say he's out of the office, but I suppose he could be working from there? We haven't talked or texted today...should I initiate?

Yes this is text breakup guy...he begged forme to take him back after that and it has been great, I had literally no sign anything was wrong before this. So confused.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:00 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Tivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB User

Not sure what to tell ya. Any guy who is cheesy enough to break it off via text message doesn't deserve a second chance, but you gave it to him anyway. He doesn't sound like much of a catch.

Would it be the worst thing if this didn't work out, honestly? If it's true that he lied to you, that would be such a stupid thing for him to lie about, too. If he didn't want to see you, he should have just said he wanted a day or two to himself or whatever. He didn't have to lie about it!

Old 03-16-2011, 07:06 AM   #8
(female)

halfmoon HB User

We texted yesterday and he was supposedly still at his moms and driving home today...I never said anything about him answering work phone. So either he did the phone forwarding and I'm overly paranoid, or he's a complete liar. I really don't know but tivo it does seem like a very unneccesary lie...why would he make up this elaborate story about his mom when he could just say he's busy or whatever?

Probably part of the reason I'm less trusting of him is bc of the text breakup. So what to do now...he didn't say anything about when we'll see each other when he gets back, and I'm not going to suggest anything. Think I'll just be less eager and see what happens...

Old 03-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Ely4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB User

Why did you think it was strange when he said he had to go out of town because his mom was sick? If you hadn't have thought it was strange you wouldn't have rang his work number.

Do you know for sure he was with his mom? Could he have been with someone else? I'd trust your gut instincts on this one, especially after the way he dumped you last time.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #10
(female)

solcita HB Usersolcita HB User

I have to say that I don't know the hystory behind your couple, but the only fact of you being suspicious, it's not a good couple sign.
Would you remain in a couple where you can't trust every word he says? What's the point in living stressing out like this?

Old 03-16-2011, 11:48 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

digmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB User

I don't really understand why you're making plans to be less eager and stuff like that. Why don't you just ask him?? Tell him you called and he answered his work phone when he said he was at his Mom's. Listen to what he says, but how he responds and his body language is usually more telling than his words.

The following user gives a hug of support to digmusic:
blize (03-17-2011)
Old 03-17-2011, 08:29 AM   #12
(female)

halfmoon HB User

Update...he texts me yesterday and says how much he misses me and wants to see me...so we makes plans to see each other today. Well end of the day he writes and flakes. So I do a little checking and turns out he is back on the dating site where we met, pursuing other women!! First of all WHY does he tell me he misses me/wants to see me??and clearly I'm ending it, but do I a) confront him, b)break up w no explanation to hurt his ego a little, c) stop communication w no explanation, or my personal fave d) set up a fake profile and mess w him on the dating site? I am so hurt...I just need some pride back...

Old 03-17-2011, 08:37 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

oohh i've done the fake profile, and have even suggested it to women trying to find out if their guy is cheating, but that is usually when they met him on the dating site, and he hasn't taken his profile down.....
in your case, I don't know if you want to expend the energy with that, because you KNOW the deal.....he shouldn't have been on there....it's not a case of he "just didn't take his profile down yet"
I'd probably stop communicating with no explanation.....at least for now.....

Old 03-17-2011, 10:16 AM   #14
(male)

blize HB User

hello

there are few resons why people lie

1 to hide
2 to gain
3for personal resons
4 for the fun of it

i like to lie to find other peoples lie and then write it down for study .... i know i know its wrong and probly a horrible thing to do to people but it times like these where it comes in handy to know it .... for the sake of it lets just pertend like hes not .... he has nothing to gain from it so it wont be 2. and he sounds like the type that wouldnt cheat of inst-eek so i im going to rule out 1 and your left with just 3 and 4 but thats all how you want to look at it .... you detriment what it will be though your own know how mix with what i have given you and i hope it all wokers out in the end ........... even though im two days late in respond ><

Last edited by Mod-S4; 03-17-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:57 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

This kind of thing really gets me angry! What is wrong with people that they can't just be honest and say, hey sorry it's not working out. Is it really that hard to just tell the person instead of stringing them along while trolling for someone new online?

So, you know he is a coward and he won't tell you the truth, so I suggest you don't reply and don't talk to him anymore. Let him wonder what happened to you and why you suddenly disappeared because he doesn't deserve an explanation!

Closed Thread