It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2011, 05:22 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User
Gift you want to return

I am posting this for my mother, who retires this Friday from her job of 25 years. A group of co-workers took her out to a retirement lunch and gave her cards. One person gave her a card with $50 in it and my mother was speechless. This lady is a single mother and is in a staff position at their place of employment, who has mentioned being short on cash several times in the past. My mother feels really bad about this gift and doesn't want to keep the money. What should she do?

Old 03-22-2011, 05:41 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Gift you want to return

This is a tricky one. I sympathize with your mother, yet I also have a vision of this lady being very proud of giving a meaningful gift. If it were me, I would save the money, buy a $50 gift card/voucher for a big store and give it to her as a Christmas or birthday gift. Cheers, Sera

The Following User Says Thank You to Seraph For This Useful Post:
pendulum (03-22-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2011, 05:17 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User
Re: Gift you want to return

Thanks, I think that is a good idea. My mom wasn't really close to this woman so she may not even see her again. But I did tell her she should make a point to contact the lady over the summer and maybe take her out to lunch or something.

Closed Thread