It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User
Just needed some advice

Hi everyone

some of you may know me from past issues, and now I have a new one, however this is a little different.

Coming from a terrible relationship(s), specifically since the last one, I commited myself to wanting/having a healthy/loving relationship the next time I tried it, so here I am in a healthy/loving 4 month relationship, where I couldnt ask for a better partner. He's sweet, nice, cute and treats me like a princess, but lately I have been feeling very confused and maybe even a little bored with it, but when I sit down and think about it I remind myself that this is what I wanted, is this normal? I know this is probably the whole Codep thing, where I once was a love addict now I could possibly become the avoidant? I dont want to mess this up, but I feel like I'm slipping and sometimes just feel like I want to run away from it all. I'm sooo confused.. does anyone have any advice?

Old 03-22-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
(male)

jabirdy HB User
Re: Just needed some advice

I think this can kind of be related to the "You don't know what you got until it's gone" quote. You can be yearning for this one thing you've always wanted which is the relationship you're in right now. Now that you have this relationship, you might be taking it for granted. If he were to break up with you tomorrow, you would probably be devastated.

I've never been in this position, so I'm probably not much help. But I would think if this is the relationship I have always been looking for then I would do everything to make it work. But then again, maybe your confusion is coming from your chemistry with your partner. Maybe this is the kind of relationship you want, but maybe your partner isn't the right one.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2011, 01:14 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Ely4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB User
Re: Just needed some advice

It may just be that this is not the right relationship for you either. Just because someone is nice, cute and treats you like a princess doesn't mean that he's right for you.

What is making you bored? The things you do together? The conversations you have? Or is it an overall general feeling of boredom?

Make a list of what you need and want from this relationship, then list the things that you are getting out of it. This might help you pinpoint what is wrong.

Closed Thread