It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2011, 08:24 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User
my ex attacked me

i bumped into my ex today by accident and he tried talking to me. i didnt want to talk so he kept on at me. then we ended up having a argument and then i tried walking away and he ragged me back and started to scream and shout in my face so i said ''dont dare talk to me like <that> and get out of my face and go away''....then he punched me in the face and in the head and in my ribs. i am home now i am in floods of tears as i am so so upset. i have a black eye now and headache and my ribs hurt. i am so distraught.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-01-2011 at 01:10 AM.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

realman89 HB Userrealman89 HB Userrealman89 HB User
Re: my ex attacked me

I would call the police and press charges if I were you.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-01-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2011, 08:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

yes call the police, press charges and get a restraining order
and don't talk to him anymore!

Old 03-31-2011, 08:43 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

realman89 HB Userrealman89 HB Userrealman89 HB User

If you don't do anything about it now he will think he can do it anytime he sees you.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:25 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

I'm so sorry this happened. Yes, I would call thepolice, as scary as that sounds. If not to press charges, then at least to file a report and document the incident. God forbid, in case something happens to you, a pattern of his violence towards you will be documented. At least file a report. Was this in a public place?

Old 03-31-2011, 09:51 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

You should definitely call the police! Go to the emergency room and get documented proof of the abuse and ask them to call the police for you while you are there!

Don't let him get away with this!! It's ON now, he is toast! But only if you go file a report with the hospital and the police and get a restraining order!

Old 03-31-2011, 10:55 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

How and where did you happen to run into him "by accident"? I was under the impression from your previous posts that you were now living at your parents house which is located some distance away from where he would be. I live in the same town as a friend of mine, and in 4 years since I moved here, I have only ran into her 1 time. In four years. You have been at your parents for less than a month and somehow you accidentally ran into him? Where were you? What were you doing there? What was he doing there? Is it a place where you know he goes often? If so, why would you go there knowing he might be there?

I'm just really very curious how you managed to bump into him by accident. That sounds weird.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kszan For This Useful Post:
Curious One (03-31-2011), pendulum (03-31-2011)
Old 03-31-2011, 12:23 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User

I was in the local park and he was just there walking about 100 yards away and he walked up to me and i kept walking and he was going on and i said i dont want to talk. Other people saw the attack and pulled him off me and i went home and i have spoke to the police he is in the police station right now.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:36 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Where was this park in relation to where you are now living and from where he lives? I mean, I really thought your parents house was not near him so can you tell me how you guys ended up at the same park? Why were you in the same neighborhood where he would likely be hanging out?

You can stop all of this by making 100% sure that you stay as far away from any possible place where he would be. Whether it's a store or a mall or a park, you were with him long enough to know where he hangs out and therefore you know where to not go.

Although I believe what he did was terrible and he should be locked up forever, I have this nagging question about how you managed to be in the same place at the same time. Im just wondering if maybe you showed up there hoping he would see you having fun without him or maybe you were spying on him or something else. Why else would you be in a park in his neighborhood?

Old 03-31-2011, 12:52 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Mary83 HB UserMary83 HB UserMary83 HB UserMary83 HB UserMary83 HB UserMary83 HB User

I am wondering the same thing as Kszan... how you ended up in the same place at the same time... especially if you moved quite far away. I live in a small city and I've only run into my ex once in over a 1.5 yrs, and that's only because it was at one of the "main" shopping areas in my city.

If you did "purposely" run into him for whatever reason, I hope now you've realized that it was a bad decision. I also hope that you go through with pressing charges. As terrible as this situation is, at least now you can see what a monster he is once and for all!

Old 03-31-2011, 01:08 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

I once had an ex who lived literally 3 miles away. After we broke up, I only saw him once while I was driving. He and his new girlfriend were in the car behind me. That was within a 3 year timeframe from when we broke up. But you'd better believe I made sure to stay as far away from places where I knew he would be, because the last thing I wanted was to run into him! I was mad when I saw him behind me on the road because I truly had no desire to ever see him again!

Old 03-31-2011, 02:00 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

it was the local park near my parents i did not purposely bump into him at all he must have come to where im living now to try talk to me ya know stalking ex maybe. the way you lot are going on it sounds like your trying to catch me out as if i am talking rubbish. its simple i went to my local park 10 minutes away and he was THERE plain and simple i dont know why he was there i wasnt interested. i am more concerned about the state of my face at the moment and what the police do with him. i didnt even ask him ''why have you come out here'' .....because again i am not interested. he tried talking to me and i tried walking away but he kept running infront of me and talking rubbish so i got sick of him doing that so i bite back and we rowed kept telling him to just go away. and im only saying this once more i DO NOT want him and i didnt want him back before he attacked me i am moving on.

AND....he lives about 2 miles from where i live. i never said i moved very far away. why should i move far away its not like i was in any danger it was a split up , not a domestic violence problem. however hes shown a very nasty side to me today and NOW i have a reason to feel in danger but not before.

Last edited by cryingforever; 03-31-2011 at 02:04 PM. Reason: added extra on

Old 03-31-2011, 02:41 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

I'm glad to hear that you're done with the guy, but try not to get so defensive. Try to see it from your readers' perspective. People who have read your story from the beginning have seen you claim to be done with him in the past and you even claimed to be "moving on" when you were still living with him. Based on your history, it's hard not to make assumptions, very much like the Boy who cried Wolf.

In the end, though, I think you should feel pretty special that a bunch of strangers whom you never met and whom you only know as a screen name online actually care enough about you to try hard to point you in the right direction. You are the one who needs to take action to find your own happiness, but the road to get there would be a lot easier if you truly took the great advice you've been given here, no matter how uncomfortable making changes might be. You've made a great first step by moving out, so you should feel really good about that. Now comes the part where you have to cut him out of your life 100% so that you can truly heal from all of these shenanigans and make a life for yourself where you can be proud of your actions and choices.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:50 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

i ended up staying before because i loved him. now since i left i dont feel like i want to go back. i have completely cut him out of my life. i think he deliberatelty came to my area to find me and speak to me because i changed my number and blocked him on fb so he cant be handling it very well me cutting him out of my life. believe me we are through. even before today.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:13 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User

My question is, if he attacked you and people saw it, why didnt THEY call the police?

Closed Thread