It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
(female)

sarah505 HB User
Help!! Significant other troubles...

Hi Everyone,

I am writing because i would love to hear other people's opinions on my current situation. Okay here goes, this question is about mine and my significant others relationship.

We have been dating for two years now, and it is such a roller coaster with us. First off we live together as well as my four year old daughter, i know that that in and of it's self is stressful. When we talk about things like the future etc he clams up and doesn't want to talk about things. When he does make comments about marriage it is always because i asked and is usually an " i hope someday" or " it would be nice" but he is never sure about it and can never really say that he wants to spend his life with me. I am worried i am asking too much being that we have only been together for two years etc. But one minute we are so happy and in love and the next he is talking about how he doesn't know if he isn't happy anymore.

I have said to him that i am not sure how to handle it when he says these things because as soon as we really talk about things he acts as though he regrets saying it (ie: i finally say do you want me to leave etc, and he states "no i love you and i don't want to give up on us". I cant tell if him retracting his statements is because of guilt or love etc.

But there are other issues as well, like the fact that i question whether or not he truly cares for me and my daughter. He is good with her so much of the time and does so much for me when it comes to her ( picks her up from school, watches her when i work weekends, lol luxury of being a nurse), but he can be really impatient with her as well.

I am just really worried that i am asking too much from him and causing us to fight by expecting too much. I also worry that i have scared him into not wanting a future with me because i like to talk about the future etc.

I am not sure if this is clear or not but any advice would be great, or if something isn't please ask and I'll try to clarify.

Thanks

Last edited by sarah505; 07-21-2011 at 01:22 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread