It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
(female)

halfmoon HB User
boyfriend stopped calling...what to do??

So my boyfriend of 10 months who usually texts me every day has not been in touch with me for 4 days now. I know he's at work and fine. He was texting me last week but maybe a bit distant...no fight or anything though. So what do I do?? Just not contact him? Or ask him what's going on? I really don't want to give him any kind of ego boost by initiating contact...

The following user gives a hug of support to halfmoon:
cryingforever (08-29-2011)
Old 08-29-2011, 04:36 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User
Re: boyfriend stopped calling...what to do??

My advice: Do not chase a man EVER lol. He has chose to back away so its his problem and its for him to make the effort to talk to you again. Just my thoughts hun x

My question to you....do you really want to be with someone who goes hot and cold with you without no explanation?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

Is this the same loser guy who has been hot and cold all along who you found on a dating site who made up every excuse under the sun about why he was on said dating site? If its the same guy, I'd say good riddance. Honestly, why are you bending over backwards for a shmuck who would rather you did all the work in the relationship while he sits back and looks for other girls on a dating site? Don't you feel like you deserve better than that?

What exacly is so special about this guy that you're so afraid of breaking up with him? What's stopping you? He has already lied in the past and the fact that he has ignored you for four whole days doesn't say much about his feelings for you. What's the point of continuing this fake relationship when you are literally getting nothing out of it? You need to stop wasting your time. It"s really sad how many girls on here keep staying in these dead end relationships and/or keep going back with loser ex bfs only to get hurt over and over again. When's it enough? Is it when you're so beat down from the experience that you no longer know who you are anymore? When are you and all of the others on here going to finally draw the line and say I've had enough and I refuse to waste any more of my time and my life with someone who so clearly doesn't care about me?

Old 08-30-2011, 04:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User

Sounds like he found someone new on the dating site. You deserve an explanation but it is obvious he is too much of a coward to give one. I would cut my strings now and just talk away. You deserve better anyhow.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:59 AM   #5
(female)

halfmoon HB User

Help! I broke up w him and he came back with all this amazing stuff...first asked why, then said I was amazing and he'd cherish every moment and miss me so much etc etc now I want him back...

Old 08-31-2011, 07:16 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

what kind of amazing stuff?

Old 08-31-2011, 07:44 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

Did he give you any reason why he suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth for almost a week?

Old 08-31-2011, 10:13 AM   #8
(female)

halfmoon HB User

He said he'd been sick...yes kind of a lame excuse bc he still could've called me.

He asked why, said he hoped it wasn't something he did, thinks I'm utterly amazing and will cherish every moment we had together. I'm everything and he'll miss me more than words can say etc etc...I wrote to him this morning and no response I wish he hadn't said all of that bc now I will make a fool of myself trying to get him back

Old 08-31-2011, 10:20 AM   #9
(male)

sears HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfmoon View Post
So my boyfriend of 10 months who usually texts me every day has not been in touch with me for 4 days now. I know he's at work and fine. He was texting me last week but maybe a bit distant...no fight or anything though. So what do I do?? Just not contact him? Or ask him what's going on? I really don't want to give him any kind of ego boost by initiating contact...
hi, im a male speaking from experience it felt good to have a women call and ask how r u doing i dont know if u have tried calling ive been busy so i decided 2 call and just say hello and see how things r going theres nothing wrong with being nice and concerned. then u can judge his responds my saying is action speak louder than words follow ur heart

Old 08-31-2011, 10:25 AM   #10
(male)

sears HB User

Quote:
He said he'd been sick...yes kind of a lame excuse bc he still could've called me.

He asked why, said he hoped it wasn't something he did, thinks I'm utterly amazing and will cherish every moment we had together. I'm everything and he'll miss me more than words can say etc etc...I wrote to him this morning and no response I wish he hadn't said all of that bc now I will make a fool of myself trying to get him back
judge his action if he really cared he could have just called and said im having a bad week but sometimes thing do happen

Old 08-31-2011, 10:29 AM   #11
(male)

JumperOK HB UserJumperOK HB UserJumperOK HB UserJumperOK HB UserJumperOK HB UserJumperOK HB User

Quote:
Unless he was on his death bed and paralyzed from the neck down, I would tell him to go chase parked cars. It doesn't take much effort for him to pick up the phone and say "Hey...i'm sick which is why I'm not very talkative" or send you a quick text saying "Sorry...I'm not feeling well". Otherwise, he's feeding you a line. Kick him to the curb and find a partner who will honestly cherish you and treat you with the respect you deserve.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:38 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

Talk is cheap! He can blow smoke up your butt all day long about how much he cares but everything he has actually done so far has been a whole lotta nothing!

At what point are you going to realize that his words mean absolutely nothing since he never follows through and never actually acts on these supposed grand feelings he has for you?

Old 08-31-2011, 10:38 AM   #13
(female)

halfmoon HB User

I know it was a lame excuse but why did he say all those amazing things to me? Just to drive me crazy??

Old 08-31-2011, 10:45 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Does it really matter why he said all that stuff? He has already proven to you over and over again that you are the one who has to do all the work in this relationship. He apparently can't be bothered with simple things like a phone call to see if you're ok and how you're doing in FOUR whole days!!! Not to mention all of the other lame stuff he has done like being on tha dating site!

Do what you want. Go crawling back to him if that's what you want. But know that he will never be that caring and concerned boyfriend who wants to be a huge part of your life cause that's not who he is! He is a disinterested liar who doesn't want to spend time on the relationship.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-05-2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: inappropriate

Old 08-31-2011, 10:49 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
Who gets to write the rules of a relationship? Maybe he doesn't feel comfortable having to contact you every day. Everyone is different. On an emotional level, men and women are somewhat different. And there are even differences within the same gender.

The bottom line: If you absolutely need someone who will call you or email you every day, he's not for you. However, if you like him as much as you say you do, give him a chance to set his own pace.

It was suggested that you could call him. Yes, why not? As long as when you do call you don't start complaining about him not calling you. Just keep that to yourself and have a pleasant conversation.

Closed Thread