It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User
full custody

My husband's ex-wife has full custody of their son for the past 15 years. My husband has visitation rights only every other weekend and pays child support plus health care. The son keeps getting into so much trouble (no matter how much help is given the son continues to cause problems), it is just a matter of time before something serious happens. My question is "Is the mother fully responsible if something happens or are both responsible mother and father?

Old 09-11-2011, 09:36 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: full custody

Neither are "responsible" for what he does. He'll have to serve the time. Her homeowners or auto insurance might come into play if it happens on their property or with the car. And of course, anyone can sue anyone here. Whether or not they prevail is another question altogether. But I don't know of any way to make the parents serve jail time for what the child has done.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User
Re: full custody

Funny thing he is from a respectable family - his son lived with us for a year and made honor roll the whole year but when my husband sent him back to the mother he almost failed 9th grade and was doing very very bad things throughout the year. I helped him so many times which wasn't my place. I gave up because he lies so much. His father asked him to stay off Facebook because he abused it. The mother took his cell phone away, computer and ipod. He told us he wouldn't hang with this particular friend anymore and then goes home finds a computer gets back on facebook and adds that nasty friend on his friends list. What I don't like is when he visits my house and associates with our kids and our kids are young. I can't even mention these bad things he has done. Anyway, I told my husband if he comes over I will leave for the weekend until he goes back home because I am not holding back the relation they should have - I just don't want to be involved anymore because it has gotten out of hand. His stepbrother and sister told me they don't want nothing to do with him. My husband wants me to still act like a family but I can't because of all the drama going on and the drama that he brings to my house

Closed Thread