It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
(male)

sam 23 HB Usersam 23 HB User
Exclamation we never met before

hi everyone
i am a student and i knew a girl in FACEBOOk she studies in the same university
that i study in
and we fall in love
the problem is i never saw her and the next week we will meet
for the first time i am afraid and i dont know what to do ????
please help me
i really love her and i dont want to mess the things up

Old 01-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User
Re: we never met before

Take a breath and calm down, first of all! I know these feelings can be pretty overwhelming, but I think what you're feeling is not love, it's infatuation. I mean, look at it logically. Can you really LOVE someone you've never even met in person? I really don't think so. You're smitten with her for sure, but when you've seen her floss her teeth, heard her burp or pass gas, seen how she handles disappointment, a rainy day or lost luggage, seen her first thing in the morning, seen all her faults and foibles, or seen how she reacts to YOUR faults and foibles, and you still want to be her best friend and still want to curl up with her at night and see her there first thing in the morning, THEN you can say you love her. So don't get ahead of yourself.

Just be yourself. Be at ease and comfortable in your own skin, and that will make her comfortable with you. the more ill at ease you are, the more ill at ease she will be with you. Just don't put too much pressure on it. Enjoy the process of getting to know her, and don't put too much pressure on it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Larrylou'smom For This Useful Post:
sam 23 (01-15-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
(female)

bibimbap HB Userbibimbap HB User

You should want to meet her. You can't love someone if you've never seen them in person. This should be something you are looking forward to. Just don't be too disappointed if the "love" you think you feel doesn't hold up when you see her in person. At least you made a friend, right? That's nice too.

The Following User Says Thank You to bibimbap For This Useful Post:
sam 23 (01-15-2012)
Old 01-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
(female)

Sachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB User

I don't believe that you can't love someone you've never met, but it takes a long time to get to that point. I was madly in love with a man halfway around the world, and he felt the same about me. We never got to meet, but we are still in contact and I still care for him deeply.

Just relax, meet up with her and don't be afraid to tell her if you're nervous. Chances are, she's as nervous as you are! If you both feel the same and have for a long time, then it's pretty likely you'll be just fine together after the first few awkward minutes. I know I was when I met someone before, but he was just as nervous and shy as I was! And that feeling went away within minutes, because we just clicked right then and relaxed.

Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to Sachimi For This Useful Post:
sam 23 (01-15-2012)
Old 01-15-2012, 12:54 AM   #5
(male)

sam 23 HB Usersam 23 HB User

thank you i appriciate it
i will tell you the results after meeting with her
yesterday we planned to meet in the university
in the next week

Closed Thread