It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #1
(female)

Susanna0174 HB User
Question Need advice...

I've been divorced for 5 years now. During my divorce, I was in physical therapy and fell for my PT and he didn't know that. He was engaged at the time and got married. 5 years later, he's in the back of my mind and learn through my own research that he's divorced. It's sad that it didn't last. Obviously I don't know the reasons why. He could be a complete @#$, alcoholic, whatever, BUT the thing is I'm getting this strong gut feeling that I should find him. Funny thing is I do know where he lives, but I'm not going to go up to his door and proclaim my love for him. I am just not sure if I should do this or not. We don't really know each other at all, but he knew I was going through a divorce at the time and I just fell hard for him. Great looking guy, successful career, and seemed like a very sincere guy. I want to do it just so I know I tried, but how would I go about it? Would you write him a letter, stake out his house and follow him and by chance we run into each other. This just sounds insane to me, but I will never know if I don't. He is 5 years younger than me, although the age thing does not bother me. I tried finding him on the social networks but no luck. Any thoughts or advice?

Old 02-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Need advice...

no don't stake out his house......
maybe send a light little note that you were wondering if he'd like to go for coffee sometime with your phone number

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User

This is a tough one. I feel for you, because it is so difficult to find a reasonable way to approach this PT as a man (a potential date) this time.

How did you find him the first time? Who referred him to you?

LOL, I'm afraid you need some more therapy again, so you can take this man out of your head and open yourself to other more realistic possibilities.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
(female)

Susanna0174 HB User

I don't think I need therapy, ha ha! I know it sounds crazy, but it's how I feel. I started physical therapy after a car accident I had in 2007 and my doctor referred me to this Physical therapy company and by chance I got him as a physical therapist. Lucky me All I can think is what if he's the one? I would never know if I didn't try. Everywhere we have been and all of the people we have met in our life, have everything to do with where our life goes. Call me a fool for love, but I can't deny what I'm feeling and thinking.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:51 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna0174 View Post
I don't think I need therapy, ha ha! I know it sounds crazy, but it's how I feel. I started physical therapy after a car accident I had in 2007 and my doctor referred me to this Physical therapy company and by chance I got him as a physical therapist. Lucky me All I can think is what if he's the one? I would never know if I didn't try. Everywhere we have been and all of the people we have met in our life, have everything to do with where our life goes. Call me a fool for love, but I can't deny what I'm feeling and thinking.
I know what you mean. I wouldn't call you a fool for love. Nobody is a fool for having feelings of love, but what you do because of those feelings may come across as foolish.

Anyway, are you able to find some of his activities outside his clinic? Does he go to a gym, to a certain club or restaurant? Do you know where he does his shopping? Try to be there casually, see if he recognizes you. Ok, this may sound obsessive, lol, but perhaps you have to go through this, so you at least and at last can see that he is just normal human being and you might be overrating him. But what do I know? Good luck.

PS. If he recognizes you, you can start from there. One thing may lead to another, you know. So you should try to be at places where he is also likely to be, so it looks like you are simply bumping into him, if you see what I mean. lol

Last edited by pendulum; 02-29-2012 at 04:56 AM.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:54 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

How did you contact him when you were his client to set up PT sessions? Did you call him? Do you still have his number?

What about calling the company that you used and asking if you can find him that way?

Old 02-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #7
(female)

Susanna0174 HB User

Thanks everyone for your advice and suggestions. Unfortunately, he is no longer at the PT company he was at while I was in therapy. I always made appointments through the receptionist. I kind of have an idea where he works out, so I might consider checking out that place. It's funny that I'm considering all of these options just to meet him again We will see what happens. I will update all of you if anything does happen. I was thinking of not going through with it, but I might just do it. Thanks again.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

can you go for more PT where he's working now and request him since you had him before and thought he was very good? you should be able to find out where he's working if you do some digging......

Old 03-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #9
(female)

Susanna0174 HB User

I thought about that. He's no longer at that company, so I don't know. No one there knows where to get in touch with him, but I'll see. I don't know if I will find him. I need to go find my binoculars so I can stake out his house! JK!! lol!

Old 03-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

there should be a listing of physical therapists that is public info....the american association of physical therapists, or something like that....the licensing agency.....you could contact them for his info

Closed Thread

« Need Wisdom | Anger »