It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
(female)

kchipmunk HB User
Anger

Hey everyone. My boyfriend has recently been diagnosed with severe anger issues and self destructive tendencies. Before he was diagnosed, I never noticed he was angry. In fact, I've only seen him angry twice and we've been together for over a year. Since he's been diagnosed he's changed. He's less aware of what he's doing and the consequences of his behaviour. He keeps saying that soon he won't be him anymore and that he doesn't even realise he's changing. Is it likely that his personality will change and how much more will it change?

Old 02-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
(male)

Guy345 HB UserGuy345 HB User
Re: Anger

Nope, personality hardly changes.

Leave now before you get hurt both physically and mentally.

The Following User Says Thank You to Guy345 For This Useful Post:
kchipmunk (03-01-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User

Is he taking meds for his problems? I don't understand the last part, that he won't be himself. Is that because he is getting help for this?

Last edited by Belly Kelly; 02-29-2012 at 04:43 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Belly Kelly For This Useful Post:
kchipmunk (03-01-2012)
Old 02-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

Weird. Who diagnosed him and what was the nature of him going in to be diagnosed? People don't typically go to get diagnosed for something unless there is a reason for it. Something must have happened for him to feel like he needed to get checked out.

The fact that this news has changed him, in your experience with him, it appears that he is going to start using this as an excuse for bad behavior against you. You shouldn't allow it. Don't let him gt away with anything just because someone said he has a problem. Do you live together? Maybe you should start looking at options to move out now before real problems begin. If you want to keep dating that's fine but the minute he gets out of hand, be very, very firm with him that you're not going to put up with it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kszan For This Useful Post:
kchipmunk (03-01-2012)
Old 02-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

what specifically has he been diagnosed with and is he on any meds?
something isn't right, and I agree get out before you get hurt, physically or emotionally. There is more to this story....do you want to give us some more details?

The Following User Says Thank You to rosequartz For This Useful Post:
kchipmunk (03-01-2012)
Old 02-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #6
(male)

michael00123 HB Usermichael00123 HB Usermichael00123 HB User

He seems to use his anger issues as an excuse to do as he wants. Don't allow this, get out while you can. He may have a plan to hurt you by saying he won't be himself. Don't stay in a situation to allow yourself be hurt physically or emotionally.

The Following User Says Thank You to michael00123 For This Useful Post:
kchipmunk (03-01-2012)
Old 03-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #7
(female)

kchipmunk HB User

He isn't on any medication yet, it's still early days. I don't live him, I'm only 16 so I'm still at home and so's he. I think maybe he is playing the victim a little bit more than he should be. He isn't physically violent or anything like that, just angry. A doctor diagnosed him at his local surgery. Nothing particular happened. I was on holiday at the time. Apparently everyone just kept saying to him he seemed really angry. But I agree, it does seem random to just go to the doctors for this kind of thing without a big event happening.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #8
(male)

Guy345 HB UserGuy345 HB User

how old is he

Old 03-02-2012, 04:35 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User

Well, a regular doctor would not just diagnose him over night. It would take a psychologist or something to work with him and diagnose him. They don't diagnose after ONE appointment.

Also, depression is anger, turned inward. If he is truly angry and does not get help, it could turn into depression. Do you see him as depressed?

Sounds like he might be dramatic and playing the victim. His story sounds too vague. Perhaps he is just seeking your attention?

The Following User Says Thank You to Belly Kelly For This Useful Post:
kchipmunk (03-05-2012)
Closed Thread

Tags
anger issues, boyfriend troubles