It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #1
(female)

ladysoul HB User
why cant i move on when he has

Hi everyone this is my first post on this site:can anyone suggest how I get over my X before i go mad !!!!

I was with my partner for 4 years and lived together for 2..... no we have split (his decision) but i still miss him so much althought i suspect he has been seeing other women!!!! i have tried everything to forget him but i miss him so much its like there is a ghost in my house

Old 04-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
(female)

mistycloud HB User
Re: why cant i move on when he has

I very strongly empathize with your feelings and can feel your pain. It is terrible to go through a breakup, even more so when it is initiated by your partner and leaves you wondering why/what went wrong.

I would probably seek a supportive counselor who can listen and provide professional help and enlightenment. Friends are great to talk to also, but many of them are biased and judgemental and don't always help in the way that is best.

Try to hang in there and get some help. I hope you are feeling better soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to mistycloud For This Useful Post:
ladysoul (04-17-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

CadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB User

Are you still communicating with your ex? Do you talk on the phone, text, IM or email? Do you check his F-Book page? Or, God forbid, are you still intimate with him?

Everywhere, you will read that "no contact" is the only sure way to begin to get over a relationship that ended when you didn't want it to. Staying in contact, even if it's just texting to "say hi", keeps you stuck and in the mindset that you two are still together, even though you aren't. Never mind if he said you two could stay friends, you can't be "just a friend" to someone you're still in love with but who doesn't want to be with you.

To move on and get over the hurt feelings and the pain, you need to be consistent with "no contact".

The Following User Says Thank You to CadenceA For This Useful Post:
ladysoul (04-17-2012)
Old 04-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
(female)

ladysoul HB User

Thanks for your reply it was very nice of you x things are getting better now but he still sends me jokes now and again but i have decided not to txt back...... i have a great network of friends and the lonliness is getting better..... my fear is that he will as he has in the past contact me again but like i said its time for me to reclaim my life back!!!

Closed Thread