It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
(female)

MunecaLover HB User
How Can I Fix Things With Him?

Hey Everyone I Have A Problem And I would Just Like Yalls Opionion And Suggestions On The Matter. I Will Appreciate Anything Anyone Has To Say (:

About A Year Ago My Brother Had A Party And One Of His Friends Showed Interest In Me. So Without My Brother Knowing We Started To See Eachother And Became Real Serious. But As Of Lately Things Have Been Different I Guess, He Has Started Treating Me Like I Am Nothing But Some Girl To Get In Bed With Whenever He Wants To. He Also Has Been Talking To A Bunch Of Other Girls Through Text, Facebook, And Twitter, But Tells Me If I Don't Trust Him Then We Shouldn't Be Together. If I Bring It Up He Gets Angry And Defensive And So I End Up Upset And Hurt, But He Always Apologizes And Comforts Me Right Away. Which Leaves Me Confused About How He Feels. And He Has Been Calling Me Names And Saying Really Hurtful Things Whenever I Don't Do Something A Certain Way Or Say Something He Doesn't Like. Sometimes I Feel Like He Is Doing All Of This Just Because He Is Older And Because He Has The Power To (Something I Really Want To Change). All Of This May Sound Really Bad, But Honestly I Trully Believe This Relationship Is Worth Saving. I Usually Go To My Brother With My Problems, But That Might Be A Little Dangerous Seeing As Though He Is My Older Brother And Would Go Insane If He Knew That I Have Been Dating His Best Friend Behind His Back. So I Was Just Wondering What Yall Think I Should Do Because I Really Love Him And I Have No Idea What To Do, I'm Not Going To Lie I Am Young (17) And I Do Need Help Solving These Problems; Solving Them In A Way That Will Better Me And My Future. So If Anyone Has Anything To Say To Try Helping Me Try To Fix Things It Would Be So Helpful!

So Thank You In Advance For Any And All Responses Whether They Be Positive Or Negative! (:

Last edited by MunecaLover; 05-08-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: How Can I Fix Things With Him?

Tell us again why you love this jerk. He is cheating, a bully, and taking advantage of you. You do sound young, and this is time to realise that you are worth more than this. I reckon that he is counting on you not saying anything to your brother so he can treat you like a piece of meat. Men who love their partners do not treat them like this! Can you imagine living your life with somebody who calls you names, criticises you, lies to you. You are allowing him to do this and he will not change. You are his little emotional punching bag and that is all you will ever be. Sorry, but it really bothers me to hear lovely young women being treated and devalued like this and believing that this is their only option. Grrr, Sera

The Following User Says Thank You to Seraph For This Useful Post:
MunecaLover (06-16-2012)
Old 05-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
(female)

MunecaLover HB User

Yeah I'm Only Seventeen So Yeah I'm Still Really Young Lol.
I Really Appreciate You Replying To My Post! I Agree With You Saying He Is A Bully Because Honestly He Kinda Is But Not All The Time. Now I'm Not One Of Those Girls Who Say You Don't Know Him Like I Do Because Honestly That Is Just Ridiculous. But I Will Say That He Isn't Like That All The Time And He Really Does Care About Me, He Just Doesn't Show It A Way That Actually Makes It Look Like He Does (If That Makes Sense). And I Love Him Because He Is Always There For Me When I Need Him And He Has Never Cheated On Me, He Just Happens To Flirt With A BUNCH Of Girls. While That Is Really Annoying And A Terrible Thing, I Much Rather Him Be Doing That Then Actually Going Out And Sleeping Out With Other Girls. I Just Really Need This To Work Between Us Because There Is A Possibility That I Could Be Pregnant. So Yeah (:

Old 05-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

Of course he doesn't do it "all the time." What kind of lunatic would play a slot machine that NEVER paid off? No one would. That's why he gives you a little bit, just enough to keep your hopes up, then he'll be rude or mean. Then he'll be just sweet enough to get you to sleep with him a couple more times, then he'll be a jerk again. a few quarters come out of the machine every once in a while, but there will never be a big jack pot. No matter how much you may "need" this to work, you can't make a man love you if he just doesn't. You can't make someone treat you the way they just don't want to. You can't make it work if he doesn't want it to. And being pregnant these days is no reason to force yourself to be with someone who is most likely cheating on you and who treats you with such disrespect. first, you need to find out if you are pregnant. If you aren't, you need to really think long and hard about whether this relationship is worth the pain, the bother, and how bad about yourself it makes you feel to be with him. If you are pregnant, you take a beat and do some thinking. There is help out there if you get out and look for it. This guy's a jerk and will only make you more and more unhappy as time goes on.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-17-2012 at 11:16 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Larrylou'smom For This Useful Post:
MunecaLover (06-16-2012)
Old 05-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

CadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB User

It breaks my heart to read how sadly low your standards are for what makes a good boyfriend.

He calls you names and says hurtful things, but since he doesn't do it every day, that makes it ok. He flirts constantly with other girls, but you don't think he sleeps with them, so that makes it ok. You believe he "cares" about you but doesn't know how to show it, but since you "know" he cares, that makes it ok.

Can you see how low these standards are? Don't you think you deserve better?

BTW, if you're pregnant, your brother will find out about your relationship with his friend anyway, so why the secrecy? Has this guy told you not to tell your brother? If he has, maybe it's because he's afraid of what your brother would do if he knew how badly he treated you.

The Following User Says Thank You to CadenceA For This Useful Post:
MunecaLover (06-16-2012)
Old 06-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
(female)

MunecaLover HB User

Thanks To Yall Who Replied I Really Appreciate Yall Giving Your Opinions On The Matter. Turns Out I Am Pregnant And I Just Went Ahead And Told My Brother What Was Going On. He Was Not Happy About It, But He Accepted It. I Am Going To Keep My Baby. I Thought About What You All Said And I Realized That I Had Became The Type Of Girl That I Hate, So I Did End Things With Him. Now Anything That Happens Between Us Is Going To Be Strictly About The Baby. So Thank You Again To Yall For Helping. God Bless (:

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-17-2012 at 11:17 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to MunecaLover:
Seraph (06-16-2012)
Old 06-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

I wish you all the best, and your little one too. I hope your family supports yo too. Sera

The Following User Says Thank You to Seraph For This Useful Post:
MunecaLover (07-25-2012)
Old 07-25-2012, 07:29 AM   #8
(female)

MunecaLover HB User

Thank You (:

Closed Thread