It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
(female)

twilitestarr333 HB User
Unhappy Boyfriend is always mad at me

Everytime my boyfriend used to go out i would give him hell and tell him its not fair that he gets to go out and i have to take our daughter everywhere i go. I tried to stop doing this to him because he does work hard and deserves to go out once in a while. The other day he told me he needs a vacation from life, but the way he was talking was that he wanted to get away for like a week and just leave. It hurt my feelings and we argued about it. Tonight i told him that i got invited to go to a bachelorette party in two months, and he blew up at me saying that 'he wants to go out for a whole night" and that "he can't ever do anything" and i told him he just went to the bar a few weeks back and he's like "what, for like three hours" I told him i wouldn't go to the party if it was going to cause problems and he got so mad at me that when we came home he locked himself in the bedroom. I went in and tried to talk to him and told him that if he got invited to go somewhere for a night he could go and i wouldn't say a word, he said "im so irritated right now i don't even wanna talk about it" and started to leave the room, so i got up and left to go put our daughter to bed. I came back in to get clothes to sleep in and he started saying how its not fair, he'll just stay home and be a robot and not do anything, and i told him "don't talk to me if you don't want to" and i started to walk out of the room and he told me to "kick rocks" We've been together seven years and this happens every time i try to make plans without him and my daughter. I don't understand what i did wrong telling him two months ahead of time my plans, but its my fault, its my fault he "never" goes out, it's always my fault. Im really hurt right now and i don't know how to fix it... any suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2012, 01:04 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Boyfriend is always mad at me

So you yell at him when he wants to go out alone, and he yells at you when you want to go out alone? You both need to sit down and work out a few ground rules, when you are both in a reasonable mood. You can come to an arrangement, agreeing to have x nights available per month kept in credit for occasions such as your party, or straight turns, as in "you were out last weekend, I wish to have this weekend". Do you also do things together? That is important as well. Good luck, Sera

Old 06-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #3
(female)

Kandles HB UserKandles HB User
Re: Boyfriend is always mad at me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
So you yell at him when he wants to go out alone, and he yells at you when you want to go out alone? You both need to sit down and work out a few ground rules, when you are both in a reasonable mood. You can come to an arrangement, agreeing to have x nights available per month kept in credit for occasions such as your party, or straight turns, as in "you were out last weekend, I wish to have this weekend". Do you also do things together? That is important as well. Good luck, Sera
I couldn't agree more! You are both being a bit over protective of each other. You need to give the man some space, he should be able to go out with his buddies when he wants to. The same goes for you, you should be able to go out and have fun, without him being there. Stop yelling at him for going out, let him go and don't complain at all. I'm sure that he'll come home, happy and relaxed. Then the next time you go out, he'll probably act the same way.

Closed Thread