It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2012, 06:44 AM   #1
(female)

rinnylon HB Userrinnylon HB Userrinnylon HB User
Confused

I have recently went out with someone. He seems like a nice guy, we had a coffee and really hit it off. We met up again and only planned to spend an hour together which turned into 3. He messaged me after and told me he had a really good time and asked me when we could go out again. We had a few other discussions over text about my views on sex and religion, basically we has opposite views. We still continued to talk and flirt, and now it seems that he has totally lost interest in me. We talked on Monday a little bit, and on Tuesday I sent him a message and he never got back to me. I’m thinking that when I told him my views it turned him off, BUT he also told me when I first met him that he thinks that women should have more control. So if they are interested in going out they need to initiate it too – maybe he is waiting for me to make a move? He is also in the process of moving into a new home, could that be a reason for not messaging me. I don’t want to be annoying or turn him off more, basically I wrote him on Tuesday saying – Hope that move goes well – with no response. Should I just continue to wait? Or should I message him back?

Old 06-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Confused

You messaged him, now the ball is in his court. If he is interested, he will get back to you. Men are pretty simple creatures that way-they don't generally do "hard-to-get". Sera

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
(male)

baffomet HB Userbaffomet HB Userbaffomet HB Userbaffomet HB Userbaffomet HB Userbaffomet HB Userbaffomet HB Userbaffomet HB Userbaffomet HB User

I agree with Sera. If he's interested he would make time for you. Whether this be actually meeting or just sending a text.

This is probably not what you want to hear, but it appears that he has lost interest. Since you were only dating, he's probably looking to find someone who is more compatible or was dating someone else already. I know sometimes it's hard, but please don't take it personal.

He definitely could have been a better person to be upfront and honest, but a lot of people have a hard time doing that. At least you know at the beginning instead of getting more involved and having these types of issues.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

CadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB User

If you two have opposite views on things as important as sex and religion, then it's best to end it now before you become emotionally attached and then try to convince yourself it doesn't matter. Those things do matter.

The Following User Says Thank You to CadenceA For This Useful Post:
rosequartz (06-29-2012)
Old 06-29-2012, 07:09 AM   #5
(female)

Kandles HB UserKandles HB User

Don't ever appear too needy to a man. If he wants to message you he will, and if he doesn't who cares! There are plently of other men out there who would be more than willing to date you. Don't get so hung up on this one guy, if he doesn't want to message you back then it's his loss. Some guys don't reply just to see how you'll respond. If you appear unbothered by his lack of response, he'll see that your world doesn't revolve around him and he'll WANT it to. Don't message him again, if he wants to go on another date, he'll ask you and when he does remember that you come first. Don't cancel plans to go out with this guy. Don't ever sit around waiting for a guy to text you back! You're better than that.

And one other thing, opposites attract.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:45 AM   #6
(female)

rinnylon HB Userrinnylon HB Userrinnylon HB User

Thanks for the Reply. I was going to message him this morning, but thought the same way. I think that im worth a text or phone call from him. I think that he is also going through a stressful time, buying his first home and moving this week. I will give it another week and then move on!

Old 06-29-2012, 08:20 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

you have opposing view on sex and religion....two biggies......
why bother? you are wondering if he likes you, if he's lost interest, etc....
you should be saying to yourself.....he's not the guy for me

Old 06-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #8
(female)

Kandles HB UserKandles HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
you have opposing view on sex and religion....two biggies......
why bother? you are wondering if he likes you, if he's lost interest, etc....
you should be saying to yourself.....he's not the guy for me

I disagree, difference in opinion can lead to tons of fun debates. The ability to agree to disagree is definitely something that one should look for in a mate. You never know either, unless one of them is super religious and is trying to force the other one to think the same way, I'd say things could still turn out great!

Closed Thread