It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
(female)

Sasscat HB User
Bullied by sister parents turn blind eye

My husband has been bullied by his sister his whole life.
She told him because they are not blood related he is worthless and
Put him down for everything he achieves out of pure jealousy and insecurity about her own life. the worst part is, the parents turn a blind eye.

How can I make them act as say enough is enough? Is it even worth it if they haven't supported him is these arguments over 15 years? He is adopted.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Bullied by sister parents turn blind eye

I don't think there's anything you can do. Nor should you, as it's his family issue to deal with and not yours. People who get overly involved with their spouses family drama usually end up in a lot of hot water and it only causes more problems than it solves.

As he is an adult now, he has the choice to be around the family or not. It's up to him. If his sister hasn't matured past 12 and wants to keep being an idiot for the rest of her life, he doesn't need to be around her anymore. People have cut off family for less than this, it wouldn't be unusual for him to cut her off. I think he just needs to stop allowing her in his life to cause stress. He needs to stay away from her and if she ever comes crawling back to him, he should just say, Sorry, I'm done with you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
(female)

Sasscat HB User

You are right. She bullies me too, about 8 years.
because his father is not sticking up for him either nor his mother, it will force him to lose the family he thought valued him. so in essence, the sister is the instigator for a broken family. I guess it can't be all her fault if the parents don't take action. Do you think they are just as bad if they protect her and not him or us? He is randomly bullied by his parents, used as a punching bag so to speak, often, parents are divorced. I think know the answer is to disconnect from them all, I just want to confirm with someone else.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #4
(female)

Kandles HB UserKandles HB User

He doesn't really need his parents to stick up for him. He's a full grown man now! Just ignore her, don't feed the troll. The more you ask them to support him, the more you acknowledge her bullying, the more she's going to want to do it. I don;t think that you should stop talking to them....just ignore her. What is she even doing to bully him at this age anyways?

Closed Thread