It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
(female)

Stormy20 HB User
Husband flirting on our resort vaction, and won't apologize!

OK, usually I'm not a jealous person at all. Acutally, I'm not jealous. However, my husband and I (were around 40) recently went on a resort vacation for two nights at a nice resort hotel.

The breakfast was made to order and also there was a lot of stuff out on the bar in the mornings. Our pre-teen daughter stayed close by with relatives and on the last morning there we picked her up early to go home and all went back to the hotel to eat breakfast.

Our daughter put two croissants and cream cheese on her plate. I got up to get her a knife to spread the cheese with and looked for other stuff as well. While I was at the bar, My husband also had a croissant and the chef toasted it. He then sat down at the table with our daughter, which was pretty far from the bar. There were about 10 tables in the a lobby area.

I was still standing at the bar, when a rather obnoxious lady (also around 40, who was wearing very short shorts, with her rear almost hanging out) asked if there were any more croissants in a rather rude voice. It was loud enough to be heard throughout the lobby. Ok, she could have asked the cook. Instead, I glanced over from the bar, and saw a glimpse of my husband getting up, walking over and handing her something as she sat down at her table, but I didn't really pay attention except to wonder what he was doing.

Then a minute later the woman was out of her chair again,( in front of me holding her plate with the croissants at the bar, and announced very loudly, "can we get more croisannts, "HE gave me HIS", and there aren't anymore.

Bewildered, I went back adn sat down at my husband's table, noticing the woman's short shorts and taking in what had happened. On my resort vacation, my husband gave his plate to another woman clad in shorts with her rear hanging out. He got up from the furthest table across the lobby to do this. Then she came over in my face and announced it loudly to "stick it in my face" that my husand had paid attention to her rear hanging out of her shorts. That's the way I saw it!

Now mad, I let my husband know I was ticked. He tried to make an excuse, but, "he felt bad, because he was worried about how she might have felt because he took the last croissant", just doesn't fly.
It was a bar full of food, with a made to order chef, and this woman "HAD" to have what my husand was having? And my husband just had to do that even though he was already seated accross the lobby with croissants he had the chef toast to his liking, and it's perfectly fine for him to give a woman with her rear hanging out, HIS plate? And then have her stick it in my face? On my vacation? This woman was NOT attractive, except her rear hanging out, and she wasn't thin, but a man might find that attractive, don't know. See what I'm saying?

I don't think so! Isn't there something called respect?

Last edited by Stormy20; 07-13-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
(male)

Guy345 HB UserGuy345 HB User
Re: Husband flirting on our resort vaction, and won't apologize!

Uhhh I don't see where he was "flirting".

Old 07-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #3
(female)

Stormy20 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy345 View Post
Uhhh I don't see where he was "flirting".
Ok, I clarified the story and added more details. In my book, there is no way he should have done that. Do I really want a women in my face on vacation letting me know my husband must have noticed her rear hanging out? Giving her HIS plate? Isnt' that a little far? I could see if he reached for it and she did too at the bar, and he said she could have it then.

Last edited by Stormy20; 07-13-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Whoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB User

Aside the the woman "in your face" and btw, that's on her, not your husband, it sounds like your husband was just being a nice guy and trying to keep the peace. It's not like he was grabing her butt or anything.

Goes to show, nice guys get trashed no matter how they slice it. Chill out and be grateful you have one of the good guys!

Old 07-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #5
(female)

Kandles HB UserKandles HB User

I don't think that he was flirting either, I think that you're over reacting.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #6
(female)

Stormy20 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
Aside the the woman "in your face" and btw, that's on her, not your husband, it sounds like your husband was just being a nice guy and trying to keep the peace. It's not like he was grabing her butt or anything.

Goes to show, nice guys get trashed no matter how they slice it. Chill out and be grateful you have one of the good guys!

That's the point, it's his fault for giving her a reason to "mark her territory" in public in my face. And it was embarassing to say the least. She saw HIM get the last croissant, how do you think she knew they had them in the first place? Obviously this isn't the first time this has happened. My husband has a history of being "nice" to other women, and then they get in my face trying to cause trouble between us on purpose. And it's always someone we don't know well, or a total stranger. "Nice" is getting old.

I'm sorry, but as a women I know what NOT to do around men. I know not to be overly "nice" or they'll get the wrong idea. Some men get the wrong idea if I even say hello to them. They way I see it, he knows too, and hei's playing dumb.

In addition, am I really going to get into a fight with a total stranger, yell at her and tell her I wouldn't be jealous of her in a million years? I'm not, that's the point. I don't want a stranger in my face on my vacation, trying to act as if she's causing trouble between us. This was a nice place. My husband should put me first and not give wenchs amo to act like wenches to me in public.

Old 07-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #7
(male)

Guy345 HB UserGuy345 HB User

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill, the whole argument revolves around croissants for crying out loud! This whole thing is ridiculous. And the whole "he gave reason to mark her territory" thing is also ridiculous. You aren't dogs. And by your reasoning if he's good looking if some girls hit on him it's his fault even if he always rejects them.

The Following User Says Thank You to Guy345 For This Useful Post:
Belly Kelly (07-15-2012)
Old 07-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #8
(female)

Stormy20 HB User

The "mark territory" thing doesn't come from me. I've wittnessed some things in the past that are just unbelievable behavior out of women. Even my husband has been astonished at times, and he's agreed they were acting like guys, and we were both bewildered. But some of them actually do this, and it's like they're trying to "mark territory".

Maybe it's difficult to deal with, but I'm someone who was never in a fight in my life, never fought over a man in my life, never jealous. I don't want to be disrepected in this way.

I think my husband shouldn't go out of his way to be overly nice to obnoxious women so they can try and stick things in my face. Really. When we were younger he wasn't overly nice to other women around me, so why now?

Anyway, thanks for all replies. I see what you mean. But there are two sides to every story.

Last edited by Stormy20; 07-13-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I also think you're overreacting. The whole thing actually sounds completely hilarious. Especially how you kept repeating that her rear was hanging out! Thanks for the belly laugh cause I actually needed it today. Anyway I think you need to put aside your assumptions here and see this from an outside perspective. Your husband sounds like a nice guy and for that you should be more grateful. He shouldn't have to turn into king jerko toward all other women just because he is now married to you. It sounds to me like you have a history of misinterpreting his niceness toward others as flirting. It seems like you're really angry and possibly high strung and you need to learn how to relax. It's not like you'll ever see the croissant lady with the rear end again ever in your life, so does it really matter and is it really worth getting so bent out of shape about? You should learn to be more grateful that you're married to a guy who still believes in kindness to strangers. Inconsiderate people are everywhere but people who are nice to others are a rare gem that should be hung on to. Unless you're saying you'd rather be married to a guy that treats everyone outside of your family like crap. In which case I can't help you cause I think that's absurd.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:30 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

CadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB User

Did you really start a fight with your husband over this? And did you really demand he apologize?

Did this woman actually come up to you and say "your husband flirted with me! Haha!"? Or are you just assuming that because she walked somewhat close to your table? Are all women supposed to stay far, far away from your family because it's "your vacation"? Maybe it was HER vacation and she wanted a croissant!

I think this is looking for a fight with your husband when there's no reason to.

And I do believe you feel jealous and possibly insecure, otherwise this wouldn't bother you at all.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:55 AM   #11
(female)

Stormy20 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadenceA View Post
Did you really start a fight with your husband over this? And did you really demand he apologize?

Did this woman actually come up to you and say "your husband flirted with me! Haha!"? Or are you just assuming that because she walked somewhat close to your table? Are all women supposed to stay far, far away from your family because it's "your vacation"? Maybe it was HER vacation and she wanted a croissant!

I think this is looking for a fight with your husband when there's no reason to.

And I do believe you feel jealous and possibly insecure, otherwise this wouldn't bother you at all.

Actually, no. Jealsouly is way off base. I'm in NO WAY jealous. If you're barking up that tree, you're way off base as to why I'm upset.

I in no way feel that my husband was acting "nice" to this woman. I think she went out of her way to be "rude". When I first heard her croning for croisannts loudly, I thought she was rude way before my husband ever gave her his plate. There were many other choices. I don't even know why my husband likes those things, and he convinced my daughter to like them. Who knows why. They are fattening. Yuck.

The night before, going to the bar, I told my husand I was going to walk behind him so he could gawk at the pretty young waitresses about to pass us wearing short skirts, who were dressed quite provocatively. And I did, and laughed about it. They even thought it was funny.

You're getting the wrong idea here and I'm realzing that not everyone has experienced these actions out of other women.

My husband is NOT all that "nice" anyway. He doesn't go out of his way to be "nice" all the time. He can be a jerk just like anyone else, so there was no reason for him to make a public show being overly nice to her. You say I want him to be a jerk? Not getting out of his chair and giving his already cooked breakfast on his plate to a rude croning woman is hardly being a jerk. More like he's being a jerk to his own family by doing that. The lobby was sort of crowded with people. It wasn't a small B &B with only five people there. He should not have gone out of his way to do this.

On my vacation, I don't want to be started by a stranger who got out of her chair, and stood in my face announcing that my husband had given her his food, his plate containing his cooked breakfast, for no reason.

Last edited by Stormy20; 07-14-2012 at 02:00 AM.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:57 AM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

So..it is this random stranger who has annoyed you, and it was triggered by your husband giving her his croissant? What jdo you want him to apologise for, or do you just want him to understand how his actions may have led to your feeling disrespected by this woman? It is difficult to know what it is about ths situation you have found so threatening. If he had given his croissant away under the same circumstances to a nice little old lady who was upset about missing out, would that have made a difference? What the rude woman did has nothing to do with you or your husband and is all about her being an attention lover. Why let someone like this ruin your day and put you at odds with your husband? Sera

Old 07-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #13
(female)

Megamel HB User

I think you're overreacting. It's not his fault she was dressed like a floozy and making a classless idiot of herself. I would have just smugly laughed at her when she said that and not let her ruin my vacation. I honestly think your husband just felt embarrassed that he took the last croisant and was afraid someone would point this out to Ms. Bootylicious and embarrass him further. I think he was just trying to nip a foreseen worse situation in the butt - I mean bud. On the other hand, if he really did have an alterior motive, it's been my experience that men usually don't understand women until they're given a taste of their own medicine. It's actually fun giving them a spoonful of it now and then.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 07-15-2012 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User

I think you should have just smirked at the girl and thought to yourself, "yeah, he's a thoughtful guy...and he's going home with ME at the end of the day!.."

Think about it this way, your husband showed kindness in front of an entire restaurant! When a woman was being obnoxious, he showed maturity and grace. Be proud of the man he is.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #15
(female)

Kandles HB UserKandles HB User

You can deny being jealous all that you want, but it's crystal clear to me that you are just fuming with jealousy. You don't go out of your way to describe what someone was wearing, basically call them a fat ****, and call them rude all in one unless you're jealous.

Also, are you seriously mad at your husband FOR LIKING CROISSANTS? What has the world come to.

Closed Thread