It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #1
(female)

yellowdaisy1 HB User
Friend claims level of trust is changing with me.

I need some insight on a situation I recently became aware with a friend. In general, I just feel weird about it. My gut is telling me that things won't be the same again and I'm really bothered.

So a friend of mine came to me today to discuss some grievances she had with me. She told that I had really hurt her feelings when I tweeted something about her. The tweet was pretty non-specific, to the extent that there was no way that anyone could have possibly known who it was about, unless this person read it directly. Which she did. I apologized for it. But honestly, I didn't feel bad about what I said or that I tweeted it.

My account is public and anyone can read it. The kicker is, this friend does not have a Twitter account. She informed me that she looks at my account, quite frequently. I found this...weird. And I asked her why, and she simply said, it's just something she does. Okay.

She proceeds to ask me if any of my other tweets in the past week had been about her. I said no, which they honestly were not. Then she pushes that she knows one is particular was about her (which it wasn't) because I tweeted it the same night that we were texting. This REALLY threw me for a loop.

Here's the thing: I'll admit that I lurk on my ex's Twitter page. I do. But I wouldn't dare confront him about something he tweeted that I "thought" was about me because that just makes me look psycho and obsessed. Which is how I feel about this situation. Why tell on yourself when you've been doing waaaay too much?

My question is, is it crazy of me to feel weird about the fact she silently lurks and scans my Twitter account? And what's more, I'm bothered by the fact that she could quite possibly continue to do so and bring up another instance where she thinks I am talking about her. She already mentioned in the convo that she is questioning her level of trust with me because of this incident. But I, on the other hand, am questioning why she feels the need to lurk on my profile. I don't do that to her Facebook account.

This is really all so stupid. Really.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2012, 11:06 PM   #2
(male)

Guy345 HB UserGuy345 HB User
Re: Friend claims level of trust is changing with me.

How is it weird her checking your twitter? Just because she doesn't have one doesn't mean she can't check it. I check friends twitters/fb just to see what's up.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:08 PM   #3
(female)

yellowdaisy1 HB User

I think mostly because she had to find while looking on someone else's profile. I never publicly posted my account link on Facebook, which is the only social networking site she has. And also, I think it's weird because why do you need to check someone's presence on a social networking site that you don't have? That's not logical to me, so I don't get it.

Last edited by yellowdaisy1; 07-21-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:55 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

It is kind of creepy, but that is what happens when we put our lives out there. Twitter is for public consumption is it not? You can't complain when someone accesses it (no matter how). The obsessive friend is another problem and Twitter does not have much to do with it. This friend would be paranoid anyway. Do you need her in your life? Sera

Old 07-22-2012, 08:30 AM   #5
(female)

yellowdaisy1 HB User

Sera,

You are right. I mean, I think I always knew I had an audience so to speak but I never really thought it extended beyond those people who directly follow me.

You are also right about the obsession and paranoia. I know firsthand that in instances of when I stalked people on Facebook or Twitter (like my ex boyfriend for instance) it was because he gave me a reason to not trust him and obsessively checking what he could have possibly wrote about me was blatant paranoia.

Now I'm just curious what possibly could have happened between us to create this dynamic or if something she experienced with someone else caused it.

As far as if I need her in my life, I'm not about to police my thoughts just so she won't assume I am talking about and her feelings won't get hurt. I wonder honestly what direction our friendship will take as a result of this. I do know that that conversation really made me disinterested in interacting with her, on any level. At least, for the time being anyway.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

hey, at this point I would just use twitter as an advantage....hee hee. just say what you want girl. cj

Closed Thread