It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #31
(female)

Patricia225 HB User
Re: In love with younger man.

Difference is, I'm not some naive young girl that is naive and has some fairytale ideas. I am 46, I have a lot of experience that I have gained and know what to look out for, and what I am and am not willing to deal with.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:35 PM   #32
(female)

dizziedame HB User

You sound as though you have everything going for the two of you, but I can understand how the comments of family would bother you, the comment of your ex though I'd push aside, I've heard the same stuff from my ex way back when. Speaking from experience I am almost 54 years old and my husband is 43 , not a huge age difference but my children were a bit bothered by it in the beginning, which was twelve years ago and we've been married for 10 years. Back when I met my husband he was living in Holland and I in Canada and we met in an MSN chat room, which in those days, if you met someone online, it was a real eyebrow raiser, of course, not the case anymore. There may be times when the age difference becomes apparent here and there, but I never found it to be a big deal in our relationship, and eventually everyone who knew me and got to know him, including my kids, grew to love him, now I have grandchildren who also love him as well. So where ever your relationship goes with this man, just enjoy each other and what you have at present and let the nay sayers fall into line over time, and they will if they see you are happy together. You aren't doing anything wrong, or gross, or what ever else is said, you are both adults and sound lucky to have found one another. Best of luck together and enjoy all aspects of your relationship, consider yourself a lucky woman because you are and I'm sure your man is to.

The following user gives a hug of support to dizziedame:
Patricia225 (10-15-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to dizziedame For This Useful Post:
Patricia225 (10-15-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #33
(female)

Patricia225 HB User

Thank you so much! Nice to hear from someone who isn't all doom and gloom

Old 10-15-2012, 07:11 PM   #34
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia225 View Post
Difference is, I'm not some naive young girl that is naive and has some fairytale ideas. I am 46, I have a lot of experience that I have gained and know what to look out for, and what I am and am not willing to deal with.
I'm not either Patricia, I'm 52, but everything is wonderful in the beginning. I've been around long enough to know that and so have you but you can still be blindsided from the oxytocin. How far away do you two live from each other now? It's obviously not a long distance relationship. I've learned the hard way that it's real easy to get them in and not so easy to get them out.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #35
(female)

Patricia225 HB User

So he moved in, and things are going great! We get along so incredibly well it's amazing! He's so helpful around the house and with the yard work and is just such an amazing man! He's really romantic as well and is a great chef! Just thought I'd share.

The following user gives a hug of support to Patricia225:
Seraph (12-12-2012)
Old 12-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #36
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

Fantastic!! All the best, Sera

Closed Thread