It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2012, 06:00 AM   #1
(female)

EmmaM19 HB User
I feel like i have to make all the effort in my relationship

I have been with my boyfriend for nearly 4months now. And it's safe to say that i am in love with him.. when we are together our relationship is perfect we get along great, hardly ever argue and cant keep our hands off each other. But as soon as we leave each other i feel like he doesn't care sometimes.. i'm always the one who has to text him first, ring him all the time.. sometimes i don't get a text back for hours! why is this? I just understand how we can go from so loved up when were together to me hardly hearing from him when were not together.. i've told him how i feel about this many times and it's the same story all the time he says he is sorry and that he feels bad and will start texting me more and making more of an effort etc but he doesn't. I just don't understand why he's like this with me when i know that we are so loved up when actually with each other. Can anyone help? and suggest maybe why he doesn't make as much effort as me..

Old 09-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
(female)

renko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB User
Re: I feel like i have to make all the effort in my relationship

I was like this with my first husband. I was very needy and my love tank was very empty. How is your relationship with your dad? Did you feel he loved and cared about you? I found that no human being can fill our lives completely. We must be a whole person ourself emotionally and the more we demand or expect another person to fill our emotional needs then it will either drive them away or they will feel frustrated that they can't always meet your needs. I hope you have other good friends to be with and find other support or hobbies to fill up your time. Sometimes our love language is different from others. Some need affirmation, some need touch, some serve others to show love, etc. I encourage you to be all you can be in your relationship but be careful not to smother or crowd another person even if you know they love you. Best wishes to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread