It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
(female)

simonelila HB User
I really miss my dad

so, when i was 5, my mom and dad got a divorce. at that time, i lived in Rhode Island. I have moved 3 times since :/ now i live in Maryland and i hardly ever see him. i have been crying for the past maybe 3 or 4 hours because sometimes i just start to really, really miss him. So then, i started looking at his facebook pics, listening to his music (he's a musician) watching videos of him, all so that i could just see his face for the first time in 5 months. I always think about asking my mom if i could move in with him but I'm scared to. whenever i talk about him with my brother, she gets REALLY MAD and starts yelling at us... and that's not pretty...I cant keep up with him because i don't have a phone of my own and he never goes on facebook when i message him... and im scared to ask my mom to call him. i currently still am crying and I just want to know what i can do in any way. please reply!!! :'(

Last edited by Administrator; 10-06-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:43 AM   #2
(female)

micmia HB User
Re: I really miss my dad

Hi, I know that you posted this a while ago but I figured I might as well reply as I am in a similar situation. I think it is really nice to know that I am not alone. I and 15 years old. My parents divorced when I was 6 and for a while I lived in between houses and was so distraught that I would vomit. I was lucky though, my parents were always and still are very friendly and always had the common goal of ensuring I was alright. Then my dad moved to another city and for a while I absolutely couldn't stand my step-mum or step-brother's. My relationship with mum was fine. I would fly up to see my dad every now and then for a weekend and I absolutely hated flying unaccompanied across the country to see him and was always crying my 8 year old heart out as I walked back on to the plane going home. Then, a few years ago, my mum and I moved countries, I was really excited for the move but after a year or so when the novelty wore off, I hated it and wished for those weekend trips to dad as now I was only seeing him every odd school holiday and I missed him so much. Last year I asked my mum if I could go and live with him. It was potentially the biggest mistake I have ever made. She was so upset. I felt awful, she said I wasn't grateful and said I would hate living away from her. I can see now that in more than one way, she was right. I would have missed my mum so much. Having said this, I miss my dad every single day of my life. I wish we could live in the same city. I miss him so much and frequently cry myself to sleep as I think of growing up essentially without him in my life. I guess the only advice I could offer you is just to speak with him as often as you can, visit him as often as you can and talk to someone when you are missing him. There are other people in similar positions and someone will always be willing to listen. I hope you are alright.

Last edited by micmia; 04-10-2013 at 04:46 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
father, missing