It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012, 11:58 PM   #1
(male)

Guy345 HB UserGuy345 HB User
Girlfriends "prank" ruined my comp; won't pay for replacement.

I need some serious advice here. Often I will blow out the dust in my computer to keep it in good condition and make sure it runs well. Well, my gf decided as a "joke" to replace the air with some of her hair spray stuff. I decided to air out my computer today and as you can imagine it didn't go well and ended up ruining a good chunk of my computer. She was right by me when it happened and started bursting out laughing. I managed to save a few parts, but my motherboard, ram and graphics card are all ruined. Totalling around $500. I was of course furious. I told her that was not cool, especially considering how I need this computer for work/school and she has a decent job so she could pay it but she just says "Oh c'mon I'm sure you can replace it with some of your spare parts". I have some, but the spare parts I have aren't anywhere near as good as what I did have.

Am I in the wrong?

BTW, I am posting this from her laptop.

Last edited by Guy345; 10-05-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:58 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Girlfriends "prank" ruined my comp; won't pay for replacement.

How old is this girl? You have every right to be angry, what sort of idiotic jerk would cause such damage and laugh about it? Get rid of this one, get with a grownup. I cannot see her being honorable and fixing things. Sera

Last edited by Seraph; 10-06-2012 at 02:59 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

CadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB User

Replace her conditioner with Nair. Then, when her hair falls out, burst out laughing and tell her "oh come on, you can wear a hat!!"

Then dump her.

Last edited by CadenceA; 10-06-2012 at 11:08 AM.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CadenceA For This Useful Post:
Belly Kelly (10-07-2012), Seraph (10-06-2012), tattoogirly (10-23-2012), Thisby (10-07-2012)
Old 10-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User

no, you are not wrong at all, and what worries me is that she doesn't sound at all regretful. That would be a big problem for me, as her boyfriend. If she doesn't value my possessions, how much does she value me? If you're ready to end the relationship, I would actually sue her in small claims court.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #5
(male)

Guy345 HB UserGuy345 HB User

Thanks for the advice. She is 28 and we've been together 7 months.

I talked to her about it again and she said that it's not her responsibility because "I didn't think the hair spray would mess it up like it did".

I've been using her laptop when I need to but even then she complains when I use it despite the fact she really only uses it for facebook and games whereas I need a PC for school and work.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

CadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB User

Either she's not very smart or she just doesn't care. How could she think that hair spray wouldn't damage your computer? And now she's complaining that you're using her computer that you're forced to use because SHE ruined yours???

Is she some kind of spoiled princessy type? Is she exceptionally pretty or something? I can't imagine why else anyone would put up with someone as self-centered and clueless as she is.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I'd tell her to take a flying leap. She sounds like a complete idiot. Why exactly are you with her again?

Old 10-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy345 View Post
I talked to her about it again and she said that it's not her responsibility because "I didn't think the hair spray would mess it up like it did".
Ha, that's a good one. Imagine trying that in court, she'd be laughed right out.

Ignorance is no excuse, she has to own up to her mistake (and it is 100% her mistake) regardless if her ignorance.

Sounds like she's very immature (or not very bright).

Old 10-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

I'd call the clerk of the court where you live and see if you have a case but I bet you can take her to small claims court. Once you find that out you can let her know maybe she will be willing to replace the parts. Then dump her. I'm 56, btw, I wouldn't put up w/ it. Cathy

Old 10-22-2012, 11:47 PM   #10
(male)

flyingabove HB User

maybe you spend too much time on the computer and she thought this would solve the problem???

Old 10-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #11
(female)

weaver02 HB Userweaver02 HB Userweaver02 HB User

Thats messed up and she 's not even going to pay for the parts to fix it! Maybe you "oops" spilled something on her laptop. lol JK you shouldn't go done to her level of immaturity. Either send her out the door or get over it. There isn't much you really want to do about it is there? Your justivied in being mad at her, so what do you want to do next? Good luck

Hysterectomy
Appendectomy
Cholecystectomy
Sinus surgery
Tonsillectomy

Old 10-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

I would take immediate legal action. Let her know that there are consequences for that behavior and save the next fool for what ever pops into her head next.

Reply Reply