It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
(male)

Ynguns HB User
Depressed from breakup

I need serious advice. I am very sad and depressed after recent breakup with girlfriend of over a year. I admit I have a short temper but shecwould always pick fights with me especially if i was really excited about going somewhere such as a baseball game or concert. I feel I was wrongfully treated and for some reason kept going back to her afternnumerous arguments. I recently had tix for my favorite artist. I had asked her if she wanted to go because I know she is not a fan of the electronic music scene which is totally cool. She told me sure I will go because you like him I felt really great and was so looking forward to it. On the day of event she sends a text telling me she had a crazy day at work and is crabby and not to expect any warm or fuzzybfeelings from her I said you don't have to go she says no I am going. She came to house and already started with comments on way there I was told I am bipolar I am toxic a mama's boy and immature. As we got into venue she refused to talk and we left before he came on I was really mad I yelled at her telling her she is rude coldhearted and now I feel at fault why? She has done this numerous times. What should I do. I feel alone isolated she taked meds for depression and blames me for everything and anything. I need advice from you people very badly.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 11-08-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Depressed from brakup

You have had a lucky escape...imagine living your life like that! She sounds like a nasty narcissistic woman, you are really better off. You will never get to understand a person like this. Blaming you for her abuse is classic. Cheers, Sera

Last edited by Mod-S4; 11-08-2012 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Vulgar language is not allowed. Neither is trying to disguise it. Thanks.

The following user gives a hug of support to Seraph:
Ynguns (11-08-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Seraph For This Useful Post:
Ynguns (11-08-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
(male)

Ynguns HB User

Thanks for your advice. I have been beating myself up over this. I feel that everything is my fault because I always get the blame. I am appreciative of people like you who are kindhearted and thoughtful. I am a firefighter and make a decent salary and I should have seen the signs 6 months ago when we were talking about marriage and she said she would take nothing less than a 2 karat diamond ring.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

You don't need someone like her in your life. If you were still together all she would ever do is blame you for everything and bring you down. You don't need that, so be very glad you don't have to put up with that anymore.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kszan For This Useful Post:
Ynguns (11-08-2012)
Old 11-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
(male)

Ynguns HB User

It has been a week I have been really down on myself. I went to see a therapist even he said she is very toxic and believes she has a personality disorder. I have to get that in my head. Thank you all for your warm words its just difficult now.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

It's hard because you got so used to it. What you are missing right now is not HER, it's the routine and the comfort of that routine that you are missing. Really think about that for a while. That's why your best bet is to get yourself a new routine, commit to it 100%, and youll see that your thoughts of her are going to fade away.

The following user gives a hug of support to Kszan:
Ynguns (11-08-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Kszan For This Useful Post:
Ynguns (11-08-2012)
Old 11-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #7
(male)

Ynguns HB User

Your right I consider myself a very affectionate person. All i ever wanted was to give my love and affection to her but she refused this and said I am too affectionate and she cannot give me the attention needed. I think she needs help she is such a conflicted materialistic woman who still works with her ex boyfriend who is a DR. And he is getting married now too. I think this upsets her so she takes it out on me. Thank you again sweetie for all your support

Old 11-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #8
(male)

Ynguns HB User

I appreciate your support. I have been in other relationships and broken up before , but for some reason she has a hold on me ? I have done everything possible for this relationship to work I even tried to change myself which was terrible I was walking on eggshells always. I think she was in a bad relationship before and she used to date a doctor who was 20 years older for four years and states they had to go to counseling. She takes antdepressants and says she has no problems it is all my fault.

Reply Reply