It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User
Does he like me?

A few months ago I met this guy through an English class I was taking in school. I signed up to do a presentation with him because I sat next to him and I was absent the day everyone signed up so I just had to randomly pick and he said I could work with him if I wanted. He asked for my number so we could get together and do the assignment and he would text here and there about it but he would always cut the conversation short with things like "okay, see you tomorrow". Before we did the presentation I started sitting somewhere else but whenever he passed by he would always say "good morning" and whenever I got to class early and had to wait outside he would always walk over and start talking to me, also, I caught him staring at me on several occasions.

So, we do the presentation and all is fine but he still talks to me, I had even deleted his number because I figured our business was done. He started to walk with me after class and chat and on the last day of school I said "how sad, I'm not gonna get to see you anymore" but I said it in a very sarcastic way because I was just trying to be nice and make a joke. So we say goodbye and go on our way, and later on that day I get a text from him saying "I was thinking about what you said about not being able to see each other anymore, I'd like to hang out with you sometime outside of school" and I said "that'd be cool".

So, here I am thinking he kind of has a thing for me, but the problem is, he doesn't really text me at all, It's weird, when I've talked to boys before they've always texted me all the time. This guy, however, told me that his brother was coming into town and they were going camping to some different places, so I didn't hear from him for like 2 weeks, he then texts me "merry xmas" and "how was your vacation" and after I told him "good" he doesn't talk to me again until after New Years because I mass texted him "Happy New Years" and he replied "happy new years sweetheart", so two days after that he texts me with a new number saying he got a new number and new phone and that he had a good vacation and that he would like to take me to dinner sometime, he also mentioned he got an iphone and that he needed to learn to use it because he wasn't good with phones or computers in general.

Now, this is the first more "in dept" text conversation I've had with him, but basically, we texted back and forth for like 2hrs until he said he had to go meet a friend for coffee, but I found out we're actually very different, he's more laid back and I'm more of the going out type. At the end of the conversation he said "I'll talk to you soon beautiful", and at some point he said he was very interested in going out with me. I just wonder if our differences scared him away and why he may not text as much, it's really strange, what do you guys think?

PS - I mentioned to him that I was sick, because I have a cold, and he said that when I get better he wants us to go out. He said I should text him when I feel better, but I'm not texting him, I figured if he really likes me he'll text me in a few days to see how I'm doing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
(female)

jilas0127 HB Userjilas0127 HB Userjilas0127 HB User
Re: Does he like me?

It sounds like he is interested in spending some time with you. He seems to be a little shy, but interested, and is just wanting to get to know you and not rush into anything... with that said, he sounds like a gentleman. Go for it!!

Old 01-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

I would say it sounds as though he is interested but is taking things slow. Hang out with him, get to know him some more. If he likes you, you'll get more signs.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User

Well, it's basically been a week and I haven't heard from him, it's kinda causing me some anxiety, I'm just not good at this, so at this point I'm just going to forget about it until I hear from him, if I do.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I just ended things with a guy just like him! He would only text never call - and it was only when he wanted to go out. So I wouldn't hear from him for over a week or more and then the day of our date he would text around noon and say, Did you still want to get together later? But then when we would get together he would act all interested and happy to see me. This kept happening where I wouldn't hear from him for a week or more and it was short texts about whatever plans we were making, never asked me how I was doing or what's up. It drove me nuts! So I finally decided to cut things off because I got tired of getting to the point of writing him off then hearing from him afterward. It gets old. So my advice is to not waste anymore time with him. He sounds just like this guy, doesn't know what he wants and is afraid to commit or something. Waste of everyone's time!

Old 01-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Well, this guy is still pretty much a stranger, I've only spoken to him in person during class for maybe like 15mins at a time, and through text a few times here and there, he expressed interest in taking me out, but I don't think he's much of a texter in general. I just think it's causing me a little bit of stress so I'm just gonna put him out of my mind unless he contacts me, I'm going to Las Vegas this weekend so that should help.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:45 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Rather than focusing on what he might want from you, what do you want from him? Everyone has different texting styles, and I for one think less is more.

If you want to get to know him, have lunch with him. If you have no interest at all, let him know and move on.

A long getting to know each other period is actually a much better way to get to know someone. He has done everything to let you know he is interested, it is up to you to decide if you want to get to know him. If you do, call him or text him, or whatever way you choose.

There is not much to loose by an hour at lunch, but possibly much to gain. Most of all enjoy yourself everyday.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

maybe you're right writeleft, he did tell me to let him know when I was feeling better so that we could make a date, maybe I'll wait until I get back from my trip, I just don't wanna seem too eager because I find that it doesn't look well. I haven't been pushy at all though, so I don't think it'll seem that way.

Should I or shouldn't I text me?

Last edited by 00lady00; 01-10-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #9
(female)

Strip HB User

Of course, i think he surely likes you a dinterested inn you, but might be little shy or nervis about the proceedings to make sometime of commitment with you at the moment. Or might want know your nature or be more familiar with you by spending some more time. So, you just need to stick to him and wait his turn, as he looks a beeter guy to me.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

So on Thursday I texted him, he didnt seem annoyed or anything, he seemed happy that I texted him and asked me if I was feeling better right away. He told me that I was feeling better because I gave him my sickness and he teased me about that for a while, we texted back and forth for about 5hrs until he said he was going to bed and said that he hoped we would see each other soon. That was on Thursday, so I haven't spoken to him since, I guess I'm just trying to figure out if he likes me or if he's just messing with me and also how I should go about the situation. I told him I would be going to Vegas for the weekend and he asked when I was coming back and all that, I'm assuming because he's trying to figure out when we could get together, but we still haven't made any concrete plans, I guess I'm just not that good at this "dating" thing.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Hi everyone, just wanted to give an update on this. Things started out kind of slow but it's picked up, we've gone on two really great dates and mostly speak on a daily basis, even if it's just hello. Our second date was actually 8hrs, which is kind of long. He also asked me out of Valentine's day, which I wasn't expecting. We are pretty different but so far we get along and like spending some time together. I guess he's told some friends and family about me, which I thought was kind of odd since we've only been seeing each other about a month now. Hopefully everything continues to go well and we'll see how it all ends up. Now I'm just worrying about what to wear for Valentine's day.. I don't wanna be under dressed but i don't wanna be over dressed either LOL

Closed Thread