It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 07:41 AM   #1
(female)

Lauri1983 HB User
Unhappy 6 months married but want to leave

Hi
A brief(!) history - DH and I married in July after 4 years together (and colleagues 2 years previous to that). We started living together 2 months into our relationship due to financial ease of co-habiting.
He's a lovely man, very sweet and generous, always showering me with gifts but I'm not in love with him. There has never been passion or even chemistry, but I was so grateful to have a 'nice' man after some awful exes that I settled. Now feels like I'm married to my brother - he doesn't do anything wrong but I am not attracted, do not want sex or even getting close.
I am young, no kids although we own a house. Can't afford counseling, and I don't think that will help when I have made up my mind that he just isn't the man for me. My eye has started to wander, and there are other men who make me feel the way I've never felt with DH. Tried discussing my feelings recently but he clammed up, wouldn't respond and I felt do guilty I backed down. Now just feel trapped and so unhappy, but he hasn't mentioned our discussion since - is in denial I think - and I don't know how to get out

L x

Old 01-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User
Re: 6 months married but want to leave

Lauri1983, I don't have much advice for you as I find myself in a similar situation with one my exes (although we're no where near marriage) do you think that you can't discuss it further with him? I guess you really just have to take the plunge? if you're really that unhappy you have to simply say what you feel and take it from there, you could try to work on it but it seems like you've made up your mind and you simply want out. I wish you the best of luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
divorce, marriage issues