It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
(male)

V4joshua HB User
Anxiety took a toll on my relationship

So last july i had a severe anxiety attack after a night of hardcore drinking i kinda spiriled down after that & went into a depression lasted about 2 months after that i got motavated & calmed down on the drinking & i also found god so i was happier then ever didnt take any meds feeling great & then i met my girlfriend in december mind you im 23 & i never been in a serious relationship ..it was all good having fun having tons of great sex & then i found out that i had a wart(hpv) in my pubic area & i felt guilty & our relationship became very emotional & rocky after that but we were still in love....& a number of other things started occuring in my life & i started drinking more & slowly i was feeling sensitive emotional & tense & my girlfriend was getting sick of it ..last night we told each other that we shouldnt have a fight & just have a romantic dinner then we got there & my anxiety came creeping up again & i ruined the night she cried & said that she loves me so much but that she cant be with me anymore ....well at least not now..& that i need help ..im distraught & so is she ..i put her thru a tornado & last night i cried like i never did before ....why cant i overcome this? Why do i feel so gulity when my gf says that it doesnt matter anymore & that she doesnt care about the hpv! She said she fell in love with the strong man that i was that didnt let life bother me not the down & out person i am at the moment i dont know what to do right now im so hurt ! Sorry for the run ons & grammar mistakes but im just writing with no editing & my screen is cracked so it makes it kinda difficult to see

Last edited by ms_mod; 02-23-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
Re: Anxiety took a toll on my relationship

You can not mix psych meds with alcohol, the results can be catastrophic. In your case I would not drink booze anymore because every time you do your anxiety level goes through the roof and your relationship becomes difficult. You are lucky to have a woman who loves you and hangs in there through the bad times. It is not too late to start fresh and make your girlfriend happy.

The following user gives a hug of support to lenvegas:
V4joshua (04-26-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to lenvegas For This Useful Post:
V4joshua (04-26-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 08:22 AM   #3
(female)

metalzombie HB Usermetalzombie HB Usermetalzombie HB Usermetalzombie HB Usermetalzombie HB User
Re: Anxiety took a toll on my relationship

I agree with lenvegas. Add counseling and definately quit drinking. Do it for yourself.

Reply Reply